Your loan options
You can check to see if you have a personalised price quote in Online Banking or Barclays Mobile Banking – without affecting your credit score. You’ll need a Barclays current account and to be registered for online or mobile banking.
- 4.9% APR representative on Barclayloans of £7,500 to £15,000 1 for terms between 2 and 5 years
- Get the same rate no matter what you’re borrowing for
- Price guarantee: if you find a like-for-like loan with a lower APR, we'll match it 4
If you already have a Barclayloan, you can apply to borrow more money in Online Banking 3 – whether it’s for a special purchase, to make home improvements or to consolidate your debts. Just top up your existing loan or take out a new one.
- Log in to Online Banking to see if you have a provisional top-up limit (without affecting your credit rating)
- See if you can top up your loan using our app – If you haven’t registered yet, find out what our mobile banking app could do for you.
Homeowner loans are secured on your home and can be used for such things as improving your property and consolidating loans.
- Loans arranged by Freedom Finance and introduced by Barclays
- Loans of between £3,000 and £250,000 for UK homeowners
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debt secured on it.
If you take out a Professional and Career Development Loan while you're on a vocational course, the government will pay your interest while you study.
- Offers financial assistance while you improve your prospects
- The government pays your interest while you study
- Pay nothing until 2 months after you finish your course
Other types of borrowing
Whether you're looking to make a balance transfer or for rewards when you make purchases, our range of credit cards is designed to suit you.
- Check if you're eligible without affecting your credit rating
- Log in to Online Banking and apply using our pre-completed form
If what's coming into your account isn't covering what's going out, an overdraft could help tide you over until it does.
- Clear daily fees - just 1 a day
- Emergency Borrowing and £15 buffers to avoid charges
- Free Text Alerts to keep track of your money