Barclays Basic Current Account
Rates and charges
ID you'll need
This could suit you if:
- You have difficulty opening a regular current account
- You want to keep tight control of your money
- You don’t want an overdraft
See our alternative accounts if:
- You want an account with extra benefits
1. Make sure you have enough money in your account no later than the day before the payment is due to ensure that the payment is made.
2. Barclays will not charge you for using your card in any Barclays or Link ATM. Other companies may make a charge but must tell you on-screen before you commit to any transaction. This relates to Sterling transactions in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Gibraltar only.
3. Some branches may require advance notice if you request a cash amount over the counter that exceeds your daily ATM withdrawal limit.
4. The Global Alliance consists of banks that have agreed not to charge Barclays customers for using their cash machines. Our Global Alliance partners are: Westpac (Australia, Fiji and New Zealand), Scotiabank (Canada, Guatemala and Mexico), BNP Paribas (France), Deutsche Bank (Spain and Germany), ABSA (South Africa), UkrSibbank (Ukraine) and Bank of America (USA). If you use a cash machine outside the Global Alliance, you may also incur an additional service charge on top.
5. All charges and interest rates are variable and we reserve the right to amend them from time to time.
6. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Calls to 0800 numbers are free when calling from a UK landline. Charges may apply when using a mobile phone or when calling from abroad. Call charges
7. The Direct Presentation Service provides rapid cheque clearance.
8. Barclays Features Store – terms and conditions apply. You can use the Barclays Features Store online, in branch or by calling us to add Packs. Packs can only be added to a Barclays Bank Account, Premier Current Account or Basic Current Account and are available for a monthly fee. You may need to register or apply for certain Features. These may incur separate fees or charges. You must be resident in UK to be eligible for the insurance benefits our Packs offer. For more information and to read the terms and conditions visit Features Store
9. Your eligible deposits with Barclays Bank PLC are protected up to a total of £75,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit guarantee scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered.
10. This service is only available on UK-registered mobile phones.
Please click here for further information www.fscs.org.uk .