Business current accounts
For businesses of all shapes and sizes
Enjoy simple, intuitive banking, whether you’re already established or just starting out.
Starting a business?
We’ve made it simple to open an account and kick-start your business. Banking with us is free for the first 12 months1.
Already running a business?
Joining Barclays is easy, and we offer the tools you need to run your business effectively. With 2 simple Price Plans, we guarantee to keep your account on the best deal.
Ways to do business
Stay in control of your finances whether you’re at your workplace or on the move.
Do your daily banking when it suits you, whether you're at the office, at meetings or on holiday.
On your mobile
Manage your finances on the move with your mobile or tablet. It’s simple and secure.
Over the phone
Speak to a business adviser with just one call. Local-rate call charges apply.
At a branch
Pop into your nearest branch and we’ll be happy to help.
Manage your daily expenses with a Barclays business debit card
- Quicker payments with contactless technology 2
- Withdraw up to £750 a day 3
- Simple online payments
- Itemised bank statements
Other services that may interest you
Make and receive foreign payments in the currency of your choice and reduce your exchange rate risk.
Our business loans
We have a wide range of lending options that could help you grow your business. Subject to status.
- Available for small businesses, including individuals setting up their first business bank account within the first 12 months of trading. There is no charge for standard transactions for 12 months (‘Initial free banking period’) from opening our Barclays Business current account. Standard transactions include most payments out (debits) and payments in (credits). Automated transactions through telephone/internet banking are included, as are cheque transactions, cash handling and paper/online statement services. There are charges for non-standard transactions, such as audit letters, returned/stopped cheques, international payments and duplicate statements. See a full list of standard and non-standard transactions.
- Contactless business debit cards will be issued when a new card is ordered (eg, a new account is opened) or when a current Barclays business debit cardholder's card expires or is replaced (eg, after being reported lost or stolen).
- Maximum £500 in a single transaction. Local limitations may apply.