Business debit cards
Manage daily expenses with a debit card
Pay for goods and services throughout the world and make payments or purchases online, wherever Visa is accepted. Call us on 0345 605 23451 to apply for a debit card if you have a business account with us.
For all your everyday business expenses
Just like your personal debit card, your business debit card lets you pay for things and withdraw cash practically anywhere in the world.
Quicker payments with contactless
Contactless technology lets you make quick and easy payments of £30 or less wherever you see the contactless symbol2.
Withdraw up to £750 a day
Look for the Visa logo at thousands of cash machines all over the world. Your single transaction limit is £500.
Simple online payments
Make payments online or over the phone to businesses or people in the UK and abroad.
Itemised bank statements
Manage and track your business expenditure on your computer or mobile device.
Apply for a business debit card
If you already have a Barclays business current account, you can apply for a business debit card by calling us on 0345 605 2345.
Making contactless payments
Quick and easy ways to make payments
Barclays is the first UK bank to launch contactless technology for small business customers. We believe this secure innovation will increase choice and convenience when making debit card payments.
What are contactless payments?
Contactless technology enables you to make a secure payment using your business debit card in less than a second. You can buy anything up to £30 by touching your card on a reader, anywhere you see the contactless symbol.
How do I use contactless cards?
- Just touch your business debit card on the reader you’ll find in shops and a train and London Underground stations. The reader or ticket barrier will confirm your payment has been made
- You can make contactless payments for purchases up to £30. You’ll need to authorise payments above £30 with your PIN. If you make several contactless purchases in a row, we may ask to enter your PIN to help protect your account
- To speed up the transaction, you won’t receive a debit card receipt. The retailer will give you a till receipt as proof of purchases but you can ask for a debit card receipt if you need one
What are the benefits?
- It’s a quick and easy way to pay for goods that cost up to £30
- There’s no need to enter your PIN in a public place
- Low-value purchases appear on your bank statement, so it’s easier to track how much you’re spending
Where can I use contactless?
Anywhere you see the contactless symbol. You can use your contactless business debit card with a growing number of businesses, including supermarkets, department stores, restaurants, coffee shops, convenience stores, railway stations and the London Underground.
You can use your contactless payment card for pay as you go travel on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground, TFL Rail, Emirates Air Line and most National Rail Services in London.
Is it safe?
Yes, very safe. Your payments are processed using the same Visa payment technology we use to process chip and PIN payments.
We may occasionally ask you to enter your PIN as an extra precaution to protect your account. Contactless cards also use advanced security features that are independently approved by the payment card industry.
Using your card overseas
Other services that may interest you
Accepting card payments with Barclaycard
Barclaycard makes it easy for your customers to pay you – either in person, online or by phone
Manage cashflow with a business credit card
Get the cashflow support your business needs, whether you’re just starting out, growing or established.
Send and receive international payments
Make quick, secure and cost-effective international payments, whether you’re trading with the United States or United Arab Emirates.