Start-up business account
Free business banking for the first 12 months
Bank your way
Stay in control of your finances whether you’re at your workplace or on the move.
Do your daily banking when it suits you, whether you're at the office, at meetings or on holiday. Barclays Online Banking is quick, safe and convenient.
On your mobile
Manage your finances on the move with your mobile or tablet. Add a new payee, make payments, check your balance and more. It’s simple and secure2.
Our rates and charges after first 12 months
Start banking with us
Apply online, in person or by phone
What you'll need
- Tax identification number, such as your national insurance number
- Residential addresses for the past 3 years
- Details of your other financial arrangements, such as mortgages, store cards and loans
- Registered company address (for limited companies) and your trading address
- Business registration number, business tax identification number (for limited companies) and business start date or date of incorporation
- Turnover and investment capital details
How to apply
Apply for a new account for your start-up business – find out in minutes if you can complete your application online.
Apply in person
Call us on the number below and select option 1 to book your appointment at a branch with one of our Business Managers.
0800 515 4624
Apply by phone
If you're a sole trader or limited company with no other directors or shareholders and have a personal or business relationship with us that's at least 6 months old, you may be able to open your account by phone. Please make sure you have your debit card and PINsentry to hand. Call us on the number below and select option 2.
0800 515 4624
Other services that may interest you
Enterprise Finance Guarantee (EFG) is a government-assisted scheme that lets banks lend to small businesses that might otherwise not be able to get credit.
Barclaycard makes it easy for your customers to pay you – either in person, online or over the phone.
Terms & conditions
Please read the terms and conditions for our accounts and services
- Available for small businesses, including individuals setting up their first business bank account within the first 12 months of trading. There is no charge for standard transactions for 12 months (‘Initial free banking period’) from opening our Barclays Business current account.
- Terms, conditions and other restrictions apply. You must have a Barclays current account and be aged 16 or above to use Barclays Mobile Banking. You will need to register and match your UK mobile number with your Barclays current account. Compatible smartphone, operating system and internet access (fees may apply) required.
- To view PDF files, you will need a PDF file viewer installed on your computer or mobile device.
- Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Call charges
- From a total of 449 calls.
- From a total of 445 calls.