Switching to Barclays
Switching accounts? Leave it to us.
Our Current Account Switch Service lets you move your account from your bank or building society to us in a simple, reliable and stress-free way.
Full or partial switch?
Before you apply, you need to choose between a full or partial switch. What's the difference?
If you’d like to make a full switch, you’ll need to be one of the following:
- A small micro enterprise (a business with an annual turnover of up to £6.5m and fewer than 50 employees)
- A small charity, with an annual income of less than £6.5m
- A small trust, with a net asset value of less than £6.5m
If you don’t come into any of these categories, you’ll need to apply for a partial switch.
Please note that partial switches are not covered by our Current Account Switch Guarantee.
Current Account Switch Guarantee
We’ve designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It only takes 7 working days from when your account is opened.
As your new current-account provider, we offer the following guarantee:
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us
- We’ll take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary)
- If you have money in your old account, we’ll transfer it to your new account on your switch date
- We'll arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We'll also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we’ll contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we’ll refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges incurred on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
For more information, go to simplerworld.co.uk .
How to apply
We take the stress out of switching. To open a new account with us and close your old one, we recommend a full switch. If you’re not ready to close your account with your existing bank, you may prefer a partial switch.
Call one of our Barclays Business Managers on 0800 515 4621 now to book your appointment. We aim to have everything set up for you within just 7 working days of opening your account.
What you’ll need to apply
- Your residential addresses for the past 3 years
- Your full business address
- Details of your other financial arrangements (eg, mortgages, store cards etc)
- Business details such as registration number, address and date of incorporation (if you have a limited company)