Key features and benefits
We've designed this mortgage to be flexible – you choose the length of the term and the type of interest rate.
Choose fixed or variable rate
Fixed interest rates available from 1-10 years.
Capital repayment holiday
Option to take an interest-only period of up to two years3.
Choose your mortgage loan term over a period of 1 to 25 years – whatever your business needs.
Any property used as security, which may include your home, may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. Agricultural mortgages are subject to application and status.
How to apply
To find out whether you're eligible for an agricultural mortgage we'll need
- Three full years' audited or certified accounts plus current management figures (if produced)
- Two months' bank statements*
- Assets and liabilities statement
- Last three months' payslips and latest P60 (employees only)
What you need to know
- Borrow up to 80% of the value of farm buildings or land
- Choose repayments to suit your business cashflow, either monthly, quarterly or annually
- If you take the interest-only period, interest will be charged to you current account
- Choose a variable or fixed-interest rate, with the option to change your selection during the mortgage term
- Fixed rate terms are available from 1 to 10 years
- Lending fees and associated borrowing costs apply and can be added to the loan
- Prepayment fees may apply if you repay all or part of your loan before the expiry of the agreed term
- For fixed rate loans, if you decide to pay early or cancel the fixed interest rate, you may have to pay breakage cost in addition to other fees such as prepayment fees
- You can choose to use enact , our chosen provider for preferential rates and fixed price conveyancing
Ready to apply or want to find out more?
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am-7pm1
Call us on 0800 515 4621
Other business lending
- Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Call charges
- The Lending Code. Barclays Bank PLC subscribes to the Lending Code which is monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board. The Lending Code sets minimum standards of good practice when dealing with certain customers in the UK in relation to loans, current account overdrafts, charge cards and credit cards. Further details can be found at Lending Standards Board
- Capital Repayment Holidays available. During this time interest will still need to be paid.
- Agricultural mortgages are subject to application and status. Security may be required. We offer a fair appeal process should you feel we've not taken all your circumstances into consideration. To find out more click here .