Business mandate change
How to change the signatories for your business accounts
Find the best way to update your account signatories, depending on your business type.
What is a business mandate?
A mandate is a set of instructions and a list of people in your business who are authorised to manage its bank accounts.
If you’re on the mandate you can perform the following tasks1:
How to change your mandate
Some types of businesses can make changes to their mandate in Online Banking, while others can use our form builder to create a personalised set of forms to send to us.
Change your mandate online
For a limited company, you can make the following changes to your mandate online1:
- Add a new signatory
- Remove a director or company secretary
Communities, associations and societies
You can change your mandate online to add or remove an official.
To change your mandate online, you’ll need the following:
- The names and email addresses of the officials to be added or removed
- The mobile phone numbers of the officials to be added
- In most cases, you’ll need an existing signatory with Online Banking access to approve the request
- If the address of an official you’re removing is also the nominated address for the business, you’ll need to complete and return a change of address form
Log in to update your mandate
Not registered for Online Banking?
Add a business to your personal Online Banking registration?
If you’re registered for Online Banking but you need to add your existing business account details to your membership, please call us on 0345 605 23452
Create a personalised mandate form
Alternatively, you can use our personalised form builder to create the forms you need, which you can download as PDFs3, fill in and return it to us. The form builder will tell you everything you need to provide.
Need help changing your mandate?
Please call us on 0333 202 74774 if you need to change a third-party mandate or if you have a question about issues not covered here.
1. The signing rules within the mandate (eg one or two to sign) will determine the level of authority we need to make your change. Also, for certain services (such as amending an existing mandate) the authority we need, may also be dependent on your legal capacity within the business.
2. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am-7pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges .
3. To view PDFs, you will need a PDF file viewer on your computer or device.
4. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm. To maintain a quality service we may monitor or record phone calls Call charges .