Business mandate change
Change your account signatories
Find the best way to update the signatories for your business account – online or using our personalised form builder.
What is a business mandate?
A mandate is a set of instructions and a list of people in your business who are authorised to manage its bank accounts. If you’re on the mandate you can perform the following tasks.
- Manage the everyday banking, including making payments
- Sign up for products and services, including additional accounts and finance where appropriate
- Add or remove people from your mandate when they join or leave the business
How to change your mandate
Some types of businesses can make changes to their mandate in Online Banking, while others can use our form builder to create a personalised set of forms to send to us.
Change your mandate online
For a limited company, you can make the following changes to your mandate online1
- Add a new signatory
- Remove a director or company secretary
Communities, associations and societies
You can change your mandate online to add or remove an official. To change your mandate online, you’ll need
- The names and email addresses of the officials to be added or removed
- The mobile phone numbers of the officials to be added
- In most cases, you’ll need an existing signatory with Online Banking access to approve the request
- If the address of an official you’re removing is also the nominated address for the business, you’ll need to complete and return a change of address form
Log in to update your mandate
Not registered for Online Banking?
Add a business to your personal Online Banking registration?
If you’re registered for Online Banking but you need to add your existing business account details to your membership, please call us on 0345 605 23452.
Create a personalised mandate form
Alternatively, you can use our personalised form builder to create the forms you need, which you can download as PDFs3, fill in and return it to us. The form builder will tell you everything you need to provide.
Need a specimen signature form?
If you’ve completed a new mandate request in Online Banking and you want to send us a specimen signature, please print this form, fill it in and send it to us.
Need help changing your mandate?
Please call us on 0333 202 74774 if you need to change a third-party mandate or if you have a question about issues not covered here.