International Student Additions Account
Manage your money while you’re studying in the UK
What you get
You can apply if you:
- Are studying for an undergraduate qualification for at least 2 academic years full time or post-graduate for 1 year or more
- Live in the UK
- Are over 18 years old
- Plan to use the account as your main bank account
How to apply
Once you’ve completed the online application, you’ll need to visit a branch so we can confirm your student status and identity.
Here’s what you need to bring:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Proof you’re a student
Already a Barclays customer?
Please visit a branch to open your account.
Looking for something else?
Take a look at our other current accounts
You may also be interested in
Get in touch
If you’ve got a question about the International Student Additions account, choose how you’d like to contact us.
Terms & conditions
1. Pingit is available for people aged 16 and over, who have a current account and a mobile phone registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man. It’s also available for businesses operating in these places.
2. Apple Pay is compatible with the following devices:
• iPhone 6 or later
• Apple Watch – paired with an iPhone 5 or later
• iPad – iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 or later
3. Contactless Mobile works with Android devices with operating systems of 4.4.2 or above that are NFC capable.
4. To view PDFs, you'll need a PDF file viewer installed on your computer.