Student Additions Account
An account to help you through your studies
- Apply for a £500 overdraft when you open your account, which you can increase up to £3,000 over the course of your studies (subject to status)
- Pay with a personalised, contactless debit card or Apple Pay 1 and Contactless Mobile 2
- Get cashback from Apple, Amazon and many other top retailers with SmartSpend
What you get
You can apply if you:
- Are studying for an undergraduate qualification for at least 2 academic years full time or post-graduate for 1 year or more
- Live in the UK (address history for 3 years)
- Are over 18 years old
- Plan to use the account as your main bank account
How to apply
Once you’ve completed the online application, you’ll need to visit a branch so we can confirm your student status and identity.
Here’s what you need to bring:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Proof you’re a student
Already a Barclays customer?
Please visit a branch to open your account.
Looking for something else?
Take a look at our other current accounts
You may also be interested in
Get in touch
If you’ve got a question about the Student Additions Bank Account, choose how you’d like to contact us.
Terms & conditions
1. Apple Pay is compatible with the following devices:
• iPhone 6 or later
• Apple Watch – paired with an iPhone 5 or later
• iPad – iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 or later
2. Contactless Mobile works with Android devices with operating systems of 4.4.2 or above that are NFC capable.
3. Pingit is available for people aged 16 and over, who have a current account and a mobile phone registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man. It’s also available for businesses operating in these places.
4. To view PDFs, you'll need a PDF file viewer installed on your computer.