Higher Education Account
An account designed for graduates
What you get
Higher Education Account overdraft
How to apply
If you have an existing Student Additions Account with Barclays, your account will be automatically upgraded to the Higher Education Account following your graduation. We will contact you to let you know when this is happening.
For other account holders, you can apply for a Higher Education Account in branch if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Apply for your account at your local branch
- Remember to take your ID with you – acceptable forms of ID
- Start using your account straight away
If you don’t already have an account with us, you can apply if you:
- Are over 18 years old
- Have completed your full-time higher education in the UK within the past 3 years
- Live in the EU
- Are in permanent employment or have a firm job offer (minimum 6-month contract)
This account may suit you if:
- You’d like access to an overdraft
- You want 24/7 access to your money along with a number of digital tools to make life easier
- You're a recent graduate
Not the right account for you? See our range of Current Accounts
You may also be interested in
Get in touch
If you’ve got a question about the Higher Education Account, choose how you’d like to contact us.
Terms & conditions
1. Apple Pay is compatible with the following devices:
• iPhone 6 or later
• Apple Watch – paired with an iPhone 5 or later
• iPad – iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3 or later
2. Contactless Mobile works with Android devices with operating systems of 4.4.2 or above that are NFC capable. Its quick and easy to set up in Barclays Mobile Banking.
3. You must have a Barclays current account and be aged 16 or older to use Barclays Mobile Banking. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
4. Pingit is available for people aged 16 and over, who have a current account and a mobile phone registered in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man. It’s also available for businesses operating in these places.
5. Barclays Blue Rewards is subject to terms and conditions 190 KB , which contain full product details and eligibility criteria.
6. To view PDFs, you'll need a PDF file viewer installed on your computer.