- Log in to Online Banking. Find how out here
- Once you’re logged in, click the ‘Move money’ tab
- Select ‘International payment’ from the menu
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose the person or organisation you want to make payments to – you’ll need to use PINsentry to authorise the payment
Send money abroad using Telephone Banking.
Call 0345 734 5345 * and have your passcode ready. (Outside the UK, dial +44 24 7684 2100). Listen for the correct option and follow the instructions.
Premier Telephone Banking
Call 08009 24 7 365 * and have your passcode ready. (Outside the UK, dial +44 161 869 8012). Listen for the correct option and follow the instructions.
Business Telephone Banking
Call 0345 605 2345 * and have your passcode ready. (Outside the UK, dial +44 2476 842 091). Listen for the correct option and follow the instructions.
If you’re missing some information – such as your payee’s IBAN or SWIFTBIC – you can still send money abroad.
Your local branch can provide you with a paper draft for you to send by post.
Question 2 of 5 about Making and receiving international payments
How do I send money abroad?
To send money abroad you’ll need these account details to make the payment:
- The full name of the account holder and their bank’s address
- The bank account number or International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
- The SWIFT Bank Identifier Code (SWIFTBIC) – this helps us identify which bank to send the payment to
You can find these details on your original statements, your Online statements, or via Barclays CloudIt.
You can use Online Banking, Telephone Banking or visit a branch to send money abroad.
Also you can make payments to your friends and family in selected countries using Pingit on your mobile.