I've changed my name, what do I do?
If you've got married, divorced or changed your name by deed poll, you can change your name on your accounts, bank cards and statements etc in branch or through the post. Just bring along, or send in, the appropriate documents – ie, marriage certificate, decree absolute or deed poll document.
The documents we’ll accept are:
- Marriage certificate – UK or foreign (as long as it can be translated)
- Decree absolute (divorce)
- Civil partnership registration
- Deed poll – these don’t need to to be witnessed by a solicitor but they must be signed by the person named on the deed, and that signature independently witnessed
- Statutory declaration – with the signature of the named person, witnessed by a solicitor or magistrate
- Driving licence
If you’re changing your name with us by post, please let us know the reason for changing your name and send the original documents (not photocopies) to: Barclays, Leicester, LE87 2BB.
Registered for Online Banking?
Please note that changing your name in branch or through the post won’t update your details in Online Banking. To do this, you’ll need to contact the Online Banking helpdesk on 0345 600 2323*+ (if outside the UK, dial +44 247 684 2063*+ ).