This policy relates to the privacy of your information at barclays.co.uk
Barclays is committed to keeping your information private. By 'your information' we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us. This policy relates to the privacy of your information at barclays.co.uk. The Barclays Group's Privacy Principles explain how we will handle your information – and they're below.
If you’re a personal customer of Barclays Bank PLC, the way in which information about you is held and used is described in section 10 of our Customer Agreement (or the terms and conditions of the accounts you hold with Barclays if they differ from the Retail Customer Agreement). If you’re a business customer, an authorised person on a business account, a user of our electronic banking services or a customer of any other Barclays Group company (for example Barclays Stockbrokers Ltd), the terms and conditions of your accounts and agreement terms will inform you how those group companies will hold and use your information.
- Information we collect
If you register to use our secure services, such as online banking, we’ll ask you to provide some information about yourself for security, identification and verification purposes.
When completing any online forms, we’ll tell you how your information will be used in relation to the product or service you’re applying for, within the form and in any associated terms and conditions.
Where you provide information about others (for example, for joint accounts or if you are ‘recommending a friend’) you must ensure that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us.
We will retain information collected about you online for as long as permitted for legitimate business purposes.
For information about cookies and how they’re used on this website, visit our cookies page.
Barclays privacy principles
Barclays is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information. By 'your information' we mean any information about you that you or third parties provide to us.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose, we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information, and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws, and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes, the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will contractually require them to comply with these Privacy Principles
- We will ensure that suitable safeguards are in place before personal information is transferred to other countries
You’re not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing the forms on various pages of the site. We’ll only use the information you provide to us on these pages in order to process the relevant form. Please see the privacy wording on the relevant form for a more detailed explanation of how your information will be used.
If you’re a Barclays customer or already have a relationship with us, you will have been advised by various methods about how we collect and use your information.
If you have any questions about privacy at Barclays, please contact the Barclays Privacy and Data Protection Team at 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
Last updated 10 October 2013