Legal expenses cover
Expert legal support when you need it most
Legal advice doesn’t come cheap, but you can reduce or remove the financial burden of defending or pursuing a claim with our legal services cover – whether it’s about your consumer rights, a dispute with your landlord, or even employment law. And you’ll also get access to 24-hour professional advice.
You’re not just covered, you’re Barclaycovered.
What you get as standard
Legal advice, funding and a lawyer if you or members of your household need to pursue or defend legal claims arising from:
Up to £50,000 to cover legal fees and professional representation in the event of a legal claim
Access to our 24-hour legal helpline
Access to professional advice on any personal legal or tax matters
What’s not covered
Your claim must have more than a 50:50 chance of being successful, as assessed by our lawyer. If the prospects are initially better than 50:50 but later fall below this, we’ll stop paying costs and expenses towards it with immediate effect.
We won’t pay any costs that our lawyer believes would be considered unreasonable by a court, or unacceptable to a reasonable person paying those costs.
We won’t cover claims arising from, or related to:
- The letting out of a property
- Something you should’ve realised might happen before you took out this policy
- Your own injury or death caused by an accident where you were driving
- Planning legislation, eg party wall disputes
- Divorce, marital, co-habitation, child maintenance or custody matters
- Disputes between you and someone related to you or who’s insured under this policy
- Disputes about the performance of this cover
- Something that happened when you weren’t covered by this policy
- Disciplinary or grievance procedures in your place of work
- Employment disputes that happened before, or within 30 days of, the start date of this policy, unless you had similar cover that expired immediately before this cover began
The policy document 1.13 MB provides full details of what is and isn’t covered. The list we’ve shown above is only intended as a guide.
What you’ll need to get a quote
- Details about the type of property you live in
Manage your policy online
Log in to view and download your policy documents, update your details or insure more items.
The insurer of Barclays home insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, Registered No. 110410.