Barclays life insurance for mortgage holders
Help protect the home they love
We’ll help you understand the options, and recommend the most effective way to protect your mortgage, with Barclays Life Insurance for Mortgage holders provided by our partner Legal & General. You can also choose to add critical illness cover too. Not just covered, Barclaycovered.
- Provides a lump sum on death or diagnosis of terminal illness
- Free advice from a mortgage adviser to help you choose the right level of cover
- Monthly premiums from £6
- Earn £5 a month with Barclays Blue Rewards. Eligibility criteria apply
How it works
Life Insurance for mortgage holders is designed to help protect you or your family against the impact of death, terminal illness or critical illness (if chosen). . This policy is provided by Legal & General. It doesn’t matter if your mortgage is with Barclays or not – our qualified mortgage advisers can calculate the most effective cover for your mortgage to suit your needs.
- Provides a lump sum that could be used to repay your mortgage debts
- Monthly premiums start from £6 a month. Our advisers will calculate how much cover you need, based on your outstanding mortgage debt
- Choose between level or decreasing cover
- Tailored advice from our mortgage advisers in branch or over the phone
- Cover during your application – Legal & General will cover you from when they receive your application form for up to 90 days or until they accept, postpone or decline your application. Speak to a Barclays mortgage adviser in branch or over the phone for more details
- Option to add Critical Illness Cover at an additional cost, which provides a lump sum if you’re diagnosed with 1 of over 40 listed conditions. It can be used on anything from paying the mortgage to covering medical care
Further terms, conditions and exclusions apply – ensure you read the Barclays Mortgage Protection Plans Key Features 120 KB, policy terms and conditions 190 KB and guide to Critical Illness Cover 430 KB documents1 so you know what's covered and what's not.
What you need to know
Speak to an adviser in one of our branches.
Call the Barclays Mortgage Helpline on 0333 202 75802 3 option 3
Cover is provided by Legal & General Assurance Society Limited, who are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our mortgage advisers are unable to give you advice on trusts or offer whole of market advice. Trust planning can improve the tax efficiency of your policies and ensure that in the event of the worst happening the money always goes to the intended beneficiaries. If you require independent financial advice you can find an IFA by visiting Unbiased.co.uk .