Additional mortgage borrowing
Looking to borrow more?
If your home is worth more than your remaining mortgage balance, you may be able to borrow more money on your Barclays mortgage for home improvements, a special purchase and more.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Borrowing more on your mortgage
If you want to borrow more on your mortgage with us, you can apply for a further advance. As part of your application, we’ll need to arrange a valuation of your home, ask you about your income and spending commitments and undertake a credit check.
We may be able to loan you up to 80% of your property’s value. That amount would include the extra money you want to borrow and your current mortgage. You may pay a different interest rate on the new amount and you can choose to repay the further advance monthly over the term of your mortgage, or sooner.
Is it right for you?
Additional mortgage borrowing could be right for you if:
- The outstanding balance of your mortgage is less than 80% of your property’s value
- You have a good credit record
- You can afford the additional monthly payments
- You’re looking to borrow more than £5,000
Rewarding our customers
Thinking of borrowing more on your mortgage? As an existing mortgage customer, you can take advantage of our exclusive rates.
How to apply
If you want to borrow more on your current mortgage, you’ll need to speak to a mortgage adviser to discuss your circumstances. You can call us, book an appointment or visit a branch.
Book an appointment
Call 0333 202 75731
Visit a branch
Talk to an adviser
Call 0800 197 10812
1. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am–5pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges
2. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am–9pm, Saturday 9am–8pm and Sunday 10am–4pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges