Remortgage with our Great Escape mortgages
Save money when you remortgage with us
Thinking of remortgaging? You could save thousands of pounds with our Great Escape mortgages as there are no application, valuation or standard legal fees1.
- Available for residential and buy-to-let properties
- Choose from fixed-rate or tracker Great Escape mortgages
- Get cashback when you take out your mortgage
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Escape from your current mortgage
A Great Escape mortgage lets you move your mortgage from your current lender (known as remortgaging) without having to pay the application, valuation or standard legal fees that normally come with remortgaging1 . This could save you thousands of pounds, and you’ll also get cashback when you take out your mortgage.
Is it right for you?
There are a number of reasons why you might be looking to remortgage – you might
- Be unhappy with your current mortgage rate
- Want to borrow more against your home
- Need to reduce your monthly payments
Remortgaging could give you the opportunity to achieve your financial goals.
Calculate what you could borrow
The amount you can borrow will depend on your property’s valuation and how much you owe on your current mortgage. Our mortgage calculator can help you find out how much you could afford to borrow and what your monthly payments may be.
How to apply
Find out whether we’d be willing to lend to you in a matter of minutes through an Agreement in Principle. We’ll just ask you a few details about yourself, your current property, your income and regular spending. An Agreement in Principle doesn’t guarantee you’ll be successful – but it can help you get an idea of the amount you could borrow. You can get started online, call us or book an appointment in branch.
Our current Great Escape deals
This table outlines what the initial interest rate will be, as well as the follow-on rate, the amount you can borrow, and any early repayment charges that may apply. You can sort any of the columns by selecting the column title.
Are you a Premier customer? See our exclusive mortgage range.
The current mortgages data is unavailable. A complete list of all mortgage rates is available for download here.
Loading mortgage data. Please wait...
Initial interest rate
Follow on interest rate
Overall cost for comparison
Loan to value
Early repayment charge
*BBBR means the Barclays Bank Base Rate, which is currently 0.50% (effective 6 March 2009).
Need some help?
If you want to know more about remortgaging, choose how you’d like to get in touch – online, in branch or over the phone. You can also browse our mortgage FAQs .
If you want help choosing the right mortgage for you, you'll need to call us to speak to a mortgage adviser.
More ways to remortgage
Subject to status and availability. You must be 18 years old or over to apply for a mortgage.
- Your current lender may charge fees when you leave. Our standard legal service is free but other legal fees may apply depending on your circumstances.
- Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am – 6pm and Saturday 9am – 5pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges.
- Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am – 9pm, Saturday 9am – 8pm and Sunday 10am – 4pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls. Call charges.