Help to Buy Mortgage Guarantee scheme
Get a mortgage with a deposit of 5% to 10%
The government’s Help to Buy Mortgage Guarantee scheme could help you get on or move up the property ladder if you’re finding it hard to save for a large deposit.
- Suitable for first-time buyers and movers
- Available for all UK properties up to £600,000
- Works just like a normal mortgage
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
How it works
Get the property you want with a deposit of between 5% and 10%. Please note that the Help to Buy Mortgage Guarantee scheme will only be available until 31 December 2016.
It’s just like a normal mortgage – you’ll make repayments as set out in your mortgage agreement.
- You can buy any property in the UK worth up to £600,000
- We can accept a lower deposit than normal because we’re able to buy a guarantee on the mortgage from the government
- You can’t use Help to Buy to apply for Family Springboard, buy-to-let or shared ownership mortgages
Are you eligible?
You can apply through the Help to Buy Mortgage Guarantee scheme if:
- You’re buying a property that you’ll be living in as your main residence
- You’re taking out a repayment-only mortgage
- You don’t own another property
- Your deposit hasn’t come from another government scheme
Our current rates
This table outlines what the initial interest rate will be, as well as the follow-on rate, the amount you can borrow, and any application and early repayment charges. You can sort any of the columns by selecting the column title.
Are you a Premier customer? See our exclusive mortgage range.
The current mortgages data is unavailable. A complete list of all mortgage rates is available for download here.
Loading mortgage data. Please wait...
Initial interest rate
Follow on interest rate
Overall cost for comparison
Loan to value
Early repayment charge
More ways to buy your home
Help to Buy Equity Loan
By adding an equity loan to your 5% deposit you can apply for a smaller mortgage and choose from a wider range of deals.
Buy your home without a borrower deposit if your family can provide 10% of the property’s price as security.
Buying a share of a home with a housing association means you can apply for a smaller mortgage amount.
Subject to status and availability. You must be 18 years old or over to apply for a mortgage.
1. Lines are open all day, every day – except during the Christmas period, when lines may be closed at off-peak times. Call charges