Mortgage Agreement in Principle
Take the first step to your mortgage with an AiP
Whether you made it to the Ideal Home Show or not, you can start or resume your Agreement in Principle (AiP) right here.
- Find out if we could lend to you without a full credit check – see 'How will the information I provide be used?' below, for details
- Complete your AiP to be in with a chance of winning £1,000
- Already started a AiP with us? You can log in to resume it further down this page
How it works
Completing your AiP online usually takes about 15 to 30 minutes. You can get an AiP if you’re buying or remortgaging a home you’ll live in.
- Choose how much you want to borrow
- Tell us about your income and outgoings
- Get your AiP result straightaway
Remember that you’re not committing to anything at this stage – you're not tied to a particular type of deal if you decide to apply for a mortgage with us. Also remember that an AiP isn't a guarantee we'll lend to you.
You started an AiP at the Ideal Home Show
Log in with your Barclays Online Banking details, or using the Barclays Digital ID you set up at the event.
You’re starting an AiP for the first time
Start as a guest if you're new to Barclays or log in with your Online Banking details if you bank with us.
I use Barclays Online Banking
Log in with your Online Banking details and we’ll fill in some parts of your form to save you time.
I use Barclays Digital ID If you manage your Barclays bank account using the internet, please log in using Online Banking. If you don't bank online but you've already saved an AiP, please log in using your Barclays Digital ID.
If you’ve started an AiP and saved it by creating a Barclays Digital ID, you can resume it or check the details.