Our most comprehensive level of home insurance. Insure everything that matters to you on one policy, with jewellery, watches, art and collections covered as standard.
- Unlimited buildings and contents cover1
- No need to list individual items or sets worth less than £15,000
- Bespoke, mid-year cover review for Premier customers
Features and benefits
Be confident your home and belongings are protected with our most comprehensive home insurance policy. You’ll also get access to a bespoke, cover review.
Unlimited buildings and contents cover1
Included as standard, with no need to list possessions under £15,000.
Cover away from home
If you're away from home for up to 60 days at a time, the belongings you take with you are covered – this also includes jewellery and gadgets.
Insure multiple homes on one policy
Cover your main home, second home and UK holiday homes and enjoy the same level of cover, with the simplicity of one renewal date.
Renovate and extend
Your policy will cover any building work up to the value of £75,000, and you can add further cover for larger projects.
Cover for student's possessions
When your child goes to university, the belongings they take with them are insured as standard.
Claims made easy
Making a claim is a quick and simple process with a dedicated claims handler.
Your choice of home insurance
We offer you the choice of 2 home insurance products2. To help you choose which one’s right for you, we've listed the key features of both products below, so you can see how they compare.
With both products, you'll have the opportunity to earn cashback through Barclays Blue Rewards.
Barclays Premium Home Insurance, provided by Hiscox
- Comprehensive insurance for your home and your possessions
- No need to list individual items worth less than £15,000, which saves you time
- Cover for valuable possessions such as art, collections, jewellery and watches under the same policy, up to £150,000
- Gadgets and sports equipment covered at home and away – covered worldwide for trips of up to 60 days
- Student possessions covered as standard
- Cover multiple properties – you can cover your main home – including grade II listed buildings – second homes and UK holiday homes on the same policy
Underwritten by Hiscox3,4
Barclays Home Insurance
- Tailor your policy by choosing only the the types and level of cover you need
- Cover for valuables such as art, jewellery, watches up to £20,000 while they're in your home, with no need to list individual items worth less than £2,500 (further cover is available if needed)
- Purchase independent covers for bikes, personal items and sports equipment, for worldwide cover for trips up to 60 days
- Extend your contents to cover student possessions for an extra cost or purchase separate student contents cover
- Cover your main home, holiday or weekend home, or properties you let
- Independent covers means a claim on one won't affect the premium of the others at renewal
Underwritten by Gresham
You may also be interested in
Not a Premier customer?
Get monthly rewards when you bank, have a personal loan, mortgage or home insurance with us.
Exclusive offers for your next home or property investment, with a dedicated UK-based team and online services.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Rewards for your loyalty
Free daily treats for you and your family, as well as discounts on dining and days out.
What does unlimited cover mean for you?
Your home stays protected as it increases in value
Your buildings cover is unlimited, which means we'll pay your actual rebuild cost regardless of whether your home has increased in value since you bought your policy
You don't need to tell us about new items
We only need to know about new items worth £15,000 or more, or if the defined value of your jewellery, art or collections increases if you acquire a new piece
You only pay for the cover you need
When you get a quote, we'll ask you a series of questions to make sure you're not paying for things you don’t need, such as garden cover if you live in a flat
For some claims, such as tracing a leak, losing money while away from home or retrieving lost data, we apply certain limits which are detailed in your policy documents. For other claims, there's no limit to the total value we'll pay for the cost of repairing or replacing damage or loss. This means that if there was a fire at your home or if you were burgled, there'd be no cap on the total amount we could pay for a claim. We'd pay up to £15,000 for any individual item, pair or set that's not been listed – yet the total amount we'd pay is limitless.
Barclays Bank PLC arranges home insurance through Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited which is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Barclays Bank PLC. The registered address of both Barclays Bank PLC and Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited is 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.
Barclays Bank PLC is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority. Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The insurer of Barclays Premium Home Insurance is Hiscox Underwriting Limited who are regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register No. 308922). Registered in England, Registered No. 02372789. Registered Office: 1 Great St Helen's, London EC3A 6HX.
The insurer of Barclays home insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, Registered No. 110410.
- By selecting get a quote for Barclays Premium Home Insurance you will be taken to a Hiscox where all cookies, accessibility and privacy standards that apply will be Hiscox. For details of How Hiscox manage your data please visit https://hiscox.co.uk/barclays/privacy-policy.html . If you go ahead with Barclays Premium Home Insurance, Hiscox will underwrite and administer your policy and we’ll receive commission from Hiscox for arranging it.