Premier Current Account
To join Premier, you need:
An annual gross income paid into a current account with us of over £75,000
Over £100,000 in savings or investments through us
We'll review your eligibility for Premier Banking regularly. If you no longer meet the criteria, we'll contact you to explain your options. We may also change the eligibility criteria in future.
Here to serve your banking needs at the places and moments that make sense to you.
- Loyalty rewarded
Benefit from Premier Rewards 1 and Barclays Blue Rewards 2. With Premier, you get more, to thank you for your loyalty.
- Up to £1000 daily cash machine withdrawals
An exclusive black debit card that lets you take out up to £1000 a day from cash machines. Subject to status.
- Save on foreign currency
Withdraw foreign currency through cash machines operated by Global Alliance banks to avoid the £1.50 non-sterling cash fee. A fixed 2.99% transaction fee still applies to all withdrawals.
- Fee-free overdraft
Apply for a fee-free overdraft of up to £1,000.
Representative example: Fee-free overdraft up to £1,000 (subject to application and status) while you stay within that limit.
If you use an overdraft of £1,200, you'll be charged £1.50 a day when you use it.
For more information, please see the ‘overdraft charges and information’ section below.
- Access to exclusive products
As a Premier customer, you can apply for exclusive Premier mortgages, loans and savings accounts.
- Switch to us – it's safe and simple
Open a new account with us and switch at the end of your application. Choose your preferred switch date – all payments will be moved over in just 7 working days.
Terms and conditions
Access to exclusive products
Bank how and when you want to
Dedicated, UK-based Premier Team available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call us on 0800 924 7365 3
For anything more complex, we’re available over the phone, 8am-10pm.
Our secure Premier Online Banking service lets you manage your money how and when you want.
If you like what you see and want to join Premier, you have 3 options.
Overdraft charges and information
Apply for a fee-free overdraft of up to £1,000. If you go over the £1,000 fee-free amount, daily fees are charged on the whole balance of your arranged overdraft as follows:
- Up to £1,000 – No fee
- Over £1,000 and up to £2,000 – £1.50 per day
- Over £2,000 – £3 per day.
Overdrafts, including fee-free amounts, are subject to status and application.
Overdrafts over £15,000 have a set-up fee of 1.5% of the arranged overdraft limit, and a renewal fee of 1.5% of the limit will also be applied annually. For arranged overdrafts over £25,000, security may be required. Overdrafts are repayable on demand and you must be 18 or over to apply. All charges can be changed, but we’ll let you know before we do this.
Fee-free overdraft up to £1,000 (subject to application and status) while you stay within that limit. If you use an overdraft of £1,200, you'll be charged £1.50 a day when you use it.
You can find out the daily charges that apply and what the change will mean to you by using our overdraft calculator – just select ‘Premier Current Account’ from the drop-down list.
- Terms and conditions apply to all. Registration is required.
- You’ll be eligible for Barclays Blue Rewards as long as you pay in at least £800 to your current account each month, pay out at least 2 Direct Debits each month and pay the £3 monthly fee. Your monthly fee will be taken from your nominated account on the first of each month (or the next working day if that’s a weekend or bank holiday). The first monthly fee will be taken in the month after you join. It will show in your statement as ’Blue Rewards fee’.
- Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Call charges
- To view PDFs, you'll need a PDF file viewer installed on your computer.