Investment ISA (stocks and shares ISA)
Use your full £11,800 tax-efficient ISA allowance
An investment ISA should be the first investment account that you consider funding because it enables you to invest in a tax-efficient way.
Our investments are offered by Barclays Stockbrokers.
Invest up to £11,880 in the 2014/15 tax year
To make sure you’re making the most of your ISA’s tax-free allowance, you have 2 options:
1. Choose to put all £11,880 into an investment ISA (stocks and shares ISA)
2. Save up to £5,940 in a cash ISA and place the remainder in an investment ISA
2014 Budget changes for July 1 – at a glance:
- The overall ISA allowance increases to £15,000
- You may save or invest up to £15,000 (less any already placed in an ISA from 6 April) in any combination of cash or investment ISAs. So, you may hold it all in cash or all in investment if you want to
- You may transfer ISA holdings made from 6 April 2014 into cash or investment ISAs (eg, cash ISAs into investment ISAs or investment ISAs into cash ISAs). Although bear in mind that investments are intended to be held for the long term (5-10 years) and you should consider carefully the risk of potential losses arising from transfers into cash ISAs. Please note, transfers of ISAs made from 6 April must be made in full
- You may also transfer ISA holdings from previous years in part or in full
Full Budget announcement: 2014 Budget announcement – ISA Rules
Benefits of a Barclays Stockbrokers investment ISA
- Shelter up to £11,880 from Income and Capital Gains Tax from 6 April
- Access tools, research and education to help you select a suitable investment ISA
- Funds selected by Citywire – an impartial, independent funds research provider – the majority of which are available as an ISA
- Online access to your investments - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to monitor, top up and manage your investments
- No ISA admin fee, initial or dealing charges if you only invest in funds (although fund-related fees still apply)
The favourable tax treatment is subject to change and its value to you will depend on your individual circumstances. Annual Fund Manager charges apply.
- The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you originally invested
- We do not give advice. If you’re unsure about investing, please seek independent advice
Barclays Investments do not provide financial advice. If you're unsure if an investment is right for you, please seek independent financial advice. The value of investments can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested.