Lost or stolen debit or credit card
We understand that sinking feeling you get when your card’s lost or stolen, so we try to make reporting, cancelling and replacing your card as stress-free as possible.
Contact us as soon as possible if you think your card’s been lost or stolen. We’ll cancel your card immediately and send a replacement card straightaway – you should receive it within 2 working days 1.
Using your Barclays Mobile Banking app
The quickest way to report your card lost or stolen, from wherever you are, is through the Barclays Mobile Banking app 2. You can do this by going to the side menu, tapping on ‘Manage Cards’ and then on ‘Report Lost/Stolen Card'.
Watch our videos
to see how to get the best from your app.
Bank on the go with the Barclays Mobile Banking app
To get the app, you’ll need an iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, Android device or Windows phone. You can download it from the relevant app store or, if it’s for your phone, let us know your number and we’ll text you a link.
Download the app
- You must be 16 or over
- You must have a Barclays current account
- You must have a UK-registered mobile number
Using Online Banking
Once you’ve logged in to your account in Online Banking, simply click on the ‘Account Services’ tab on the top menu and select the ‘Lost/Stolen Card’ option in the ‘Manage Your Account’ list.
Over the phone
Call 08700 104 503 (outside the UK +44 1928 584421) 3 to report your card lost or stolen. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also see our full list of phone numbers if you’re looking for another number to call.
You can report your card lost or stolen at any Barclays branch and, in an emergency, we offer an instant debit card replacement service in over 250 branches 4.
Debit and credit card security
There are things you can do to prevent your cards being stolen or used by fraudsters. Read our
guide to card fraud
for tips on how to keep your cards and money safe.
1. Debit cards will be delivered to the address we hold on record for your account in 2 working days, dependent on Standard Royal Mail first class delivery to UK mainland customers. This service does not include credit cards. Requests involving a new PIN will take an extra day.
2. Terms and conditions apply. You must be 16 or over, have a Barclays current account and have a UK-registered mobile number to use the Barclays Mobile Banking app.
3. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls.
Read call charges
4. Instant debit card replacement T&Cs: This service cannot be offered if your account has been open for less than 30 days. It’s available for replacement cards only – not for new customers or new accounts. We can only issue replacement debit cards – not cash cards, credit cards or savings cards. Replacement cards issued in branch will have a new card number. If you have a personalised debit card, we’re not able to print your picture so you’ll receive a standard debit card. You must know your PIN as you’ll be asked to use this once the card has been printed, as a security measure. Replacement debit cards are free. Additional identification or photo ID is not required when using the instant replacement service.