Barclays home insurance
Choose your cover
Home insurance overview
Our home insurance offers you something different. Instead of needing to take out buildings or contents cover, have the flexibility to choose what you need from a range of independent covers to create your own policy.
It’s tailored around your needs
You can choose from a range of independent covers to protect the things that matter to you. Decide upfront how much excess to pay in the event of a claim, so it’s built around your needs
Earn rewards with Barclays Blue Rewards when you insure your home or contents with us. Not joined? Make sure you join Barclays Blue Rewards within 30 days. Terms and conditions apply. Explore Barclays Blue Rewards .
It offers you discounts
There are discounts for taking out multiple covers - the more covers you add, the bigger the discount you’ll receive.
You can change your cover whenever you like, without having to pay any admin fees. Plus, there are no fees or charges for paying monthly – choose how to pay to suit your needs – monthly Direct Debit, annually, standing order or a one-off payment.
ith independent covers, making a claim on one type of cover won’t increase the premium on your other Barclays Home Insurance covers.
Buy and manage your policy in the way that suits you best – online, over the phone or in branch.
Watch a short video to see our range of independent covers.
General exclusions and limitations
Certain things aren’t covered, for example
- You’ll need to pay the first part of claims on most covers, known as the excess. In most cases, you can choose the level of excess
- Damage caused by wear and tear, or that happens gradually, such as wearing out of carpets or flooring, or deterioration of garden fencing
- Certain types of loss or damage, such as theft or malicious damage caused by you or people who live with you
- Damage caused by chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling by domestic animals
- Items used for business or professional use, except for home and office equipment covered under the standard business equipment cover or the contents working from home optional add-on
The insurer of Barclays home insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, Registered No. 110410.