Barclays home insurance
Choose your cover
You decide what you want to protect and the level of cover you need.
Home insurance overview
Why should you insure?
Insurance. It's something we all need to consider – whether you want to protect your home, mobile phones, jewellery, handbag collection, or even your bike.
Not only is insurance there to give you peace of mind, but it'll save you hassle and expense if you need to replace lost or damaged items.
We believe it's important that you're in control of your policy at all times. So we won't charge you an admin fee if you need to amend your cover because your circumstances change. There's also no charge if you decide to pay monthly or even cancel your policy.
A claims process you can count on
If the worst should happen, you'll have a named UK claims manager on the end of the phone, who will be with you every step of the way. And with an award in claims satisfaction, you can rest assured we're on hand to ensure things get back to normal as soon as possible – whether you'd like to settle your claim with Amazon vouchers, money in your account, repair or replacement – the choice is yours.
Get rewarded with Barclays Blue Rewards
Earn up to £36 a year with Barclays Home Insurance and Barclays Blue Rewards*, as well as up to an additional £84 a year as a Barclays Blue Rewards customer. There are lots of ways to get rewarded with Barclays Blue Rewards . *Eligibility criteria and monthly fee apply.
Buy and manage your policy in the way that suits you best – online, over the phone or in branch.
General exclusions and limitations
Certain things aren’t covered, for example
- You’ll need to pay the first part of claims on most covers, known as the excess. In most cases, you can choose the level of excess
- Damage caused by wear and tear, or that happens gradually, such as wearing out of carpets or flooring, or deterioration of garden fencing
- Certain types of loss or damage, such as theft or malicious damage caused by you or people who live with you
- Damage caused by chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling by domestic animals
- Items used for business or professional use, except for home and office equipment covered under the standard business equipment cover or the contents working from home optional add-on
* To start earning rewards, you'll need to register for Barclays Blue Rewards and have a suitable Barclays current account. You'll need to pay a £3 monthly fee and have £800 paid into your account every month. £36 a year is based on earning £3 a month for taking out or renewing your personal combined buildings and contents cover or finer home insurance with us after you've joined Barclays Blue Rewards, over the course of 12 months. You will earn £1 a month for taking out or renewing your standalone personal buildings or contents cover with us. £84 a year is based on earning the full £7 Loyalty Reward each month for banking with us over the course of 12 months – you'll get £3.50 cashback monthly for each of your first two Direct Debit payments. Make sure you join Barclays Blue Rewards within the first 30 days of your policy start date to get the Home Insurance Loyalty Reward.
The insurer of Barclays home insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, Registered No. 110410.