Top up your loan online
Already got a Barclayloan but need a little more? Top it up or get a new loan in Online Banking.
All loans are subject to status. Early settlement fees apply (see details below).
Top up your loan
About topping up your loan
If you're registered for Online Banking and you already have a loan with us, you could apply to top it up online to an overall total of £50,000. That way, you’ll have the cash you need – whether for a new car, renovations or a bit of extra breathing room.
Top-up your existing loan
When you top-up a loan, we don’t actually add money to it. Instead, we set up a new loan for the remaining balance and the extra amount you want to borrow. Then we pay off your old loan from that total, including any early repayment charges, and transfer what's left into your account. The new loan may have a different interest rate from your initial loan, and the term might be different too. This may mean that you would pay more interest than before.
If you haven’t signed up for Online Banking, you can register now . You can also call us on 0800 716 5982 5 or visit a branch.
Take out an additional loan
Did you get your current loan for a specific reason and want to borrow for something else, or just want to keep your repayments separate? If you have a Barclayloan and are registered for Online Banking, you could apply for a second loan.
How to apply
You could also use the Barclays Mobile Banking app to see if you can apply for a new loan or top up your current one. If you haven’t registered yet, find out what the mobile banking app could do for you.
As with any form of lending, make sure your new repayments will be affordable.
All loans are subject to status at the time you apply. Early repayment fees will apply.
Features of our Barclayloan Personal loan
- Borrow up to £50,000 in total 3
- You could get an obligation free personal price quote without affecting your credit score. Log in to Online Banking to see whether you have a provisional loan limit, without affecting your credit rating
- One fixed monthly repayment to help you budget
- You have the legal right to repay the loan early at any time
- Rates are the same regardless of what you’re borrowing for
- You can apply in Online Banking, in branch or over the phone, depending on your circumstances and the products you hold 6
- Loans are available up to 5 years (or up to 10 years on larger amounts for selected existing customers)
Repaying your loan early
You have the legal right to repay your loan early, in part or full, at any time. As well as any other interest that’s due, we’ll charge you a fee equal to 30 days’ interest. This will be calculated using the amount being repaid for a partial repayment or on the amount you owe us if you repay in full. For more information, call 0800 716 5982 5 or visit a branch.
To find out what your repayment fee is at any time, log in to Online Banking, call us on the same number or visit a branch.
You may be eligible to top up your Barclayloan online if you have:
- An existing Barclayloan that’s over 3 months old
- Paid at least £1,000 into your Barclays current account each month
- Managed your account well and have a good credit history – eg, you’ve not defaulted on a previous loan
Find out if you‘re eligible by logging in to Online Banking to see if you have a provisional loan limit.
You can use a Barclayloan for any purpose apart from:
- Business reasons
- Investment purposes, including buying stocks and shares
- Other property finance, including purchases, part payment or deposits on purchases and property development – although home improvements are fine
- The repayment of CCJs or gambling debts
- As a deposit for something being purchased with money from another lender