Instant Cash ISA – Issue 1
You can take advantage of tax-free savings 1 of up to £15,240 in the 2016/2017 tax year and have access to your money whenever you want 2.
0.80% AER/tax-free pa 1 variable on balances of £1 to £14,999
0.90% AER/tax-free pa 1 variable on balances of £15,000 to £29,999
1.00% AER/tax-free pa 1 variable on balances of £30,000 and over
- Instant access to your money – through online, mobile and telephone banking or in branch 3
- Open with £1 (£0 for transfers-in)
- Transfer-in an existing ISA in just 3 steps
To apply for this cash ISA, you must:
- Be 16 years old or over
- Be a UK resident for tax purposes
- Open this ISA for yourself
- Have a National Insurance number
In order to subscribe to a cash ISA, you can’t have subscribed to another cash ISA or used your total annual ISA allowance in a stocks and shares ISA and/or an innovative finance ISA, during the same tax year.
You can include this cash ISA within your Barclays offset mortgage arrangement.
Rates are variable. If you top up, transfer or make a withdrawal, you may move between interest tiers. Withdrawals may take you into a lower tier. Interest is paid monthly on the first working day of the month.
Terms and conditions
We may withdraw the availability of Instant Cash ISA – Issue 1 at any time without notice. This would only apply to new accounts opened from that time.
Summary box of key features
How to apply
There are different ways to apply, depending on whether you bank with us or not. You’ll need to have your National Insurance number to hand when you apply
More ways to save
If this Instant Cash ISA isn't what you’re looking for, we have other options for you to consider.
1. Tax-free: indicates that interest is exempt from UK income tax provided all ISA conditions are met. The level and basis of tax can change and the value of tax relief depends on your personal circumstances. AER (Annual Equivalent Rate) illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
2. Your ISA allowance for the 2016/2017 tax year is £15,240. Annual allowances are subject to review and the government’s favourable treatment of ISAs may change.
3. Online, mobile and telephone banking are only available to Barclays current account holders who are registered for these services.
4. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-9.30pm and Sunday 8am-9pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record calls. Call charges .