Business accounts for startups
Streamlined everyday banking
Focus more on what matters most. Enjoy simple, straightforward and secure business banking, online and in our award-winning app. T&Cs apply, 18+
More than just a business bank account
From insights and tailored specialist advice to borrowing and payment solutions, we’ve got the tools to help you succeed. When you’re just starting out, we’ll support your business as it grows.
Have you been trading for more than 12 months?
Discover the support we offer to more established businesses and apply for a business bank account.
Supporting your business, every step of the way
24/7 business support
Send us a message from the ‘Help’ section of our appPath "/content/dam/barclays-uk/content-fragments/legal-footnotes/Business/18-or-over-to-access-product-or-service/jcr:content/data/master" doesn't exist. Please check given path is for type "ref-cf-nophone" at any time.
It’s secure and easy to use. Just make sure your notifications are switched on so you know when we’ve replied.
Over 900,000 businesses bank with us
Join a community of businesses benefitting from expert support, partnerships and finance services.
Free invoicing and accounting software
Get free invoicing and accounting software from FreshBooks Path "/content/dam/barclays-uk/content-fragments/legal-footnotes/Business/freshbooks-free/jcr:content/data/master" doesn't exist. Please check given path is for type "ref-cf-nophone", worth more than £260 per year.
Barclays Eagle Labs
Access a network of more than 325 years of business expertise through Eagle Labs, our community hub for everyone. With educational resources, events and key business connections across the board, our spaces are here to nurture and grow your idea – whether you’re an inventor, an innovator or a mentor.
Apply for a business account online
Whether you’re a new customer or already bank with us, we’ll need some basic information from you when you apply.
Find out what you’ll need to give us using this business banking checklist from UK Finance, the UK’s leading trade association for financial services.
Have you been asked to use Barclays Verify?
Find out how to verify your identity in our app.
Free digital banking for 12 months
Enjoy no monthly account fees for the first 12 monthsPath "/content/dam/barclays-uk/content-fragments/legal-footnotes/Business/existing-customers-not-eligible/jcr:content/data/master" doesn't exist. Please check given path is for type "ref-cf-nophone", then pay £8.50 each month after that with one simple tariff. Businesses with existing Barclays business current accounts aren't eligible for this offer.
Per month (first 12 months)
Businesses with existing Barclays business current accounts aren't eligible for this offer.
Per month (after 12 months)
Simple electronic payments including Faster Payments, Direct Debits and standing orders
Monthly fair usage policy of 500 free simple electronic payments applies. Additional simple electronic payments cost 35p eachPath "/content/dam/barclays-uk/content-fragments/legal-footnotes/Business/500-free-simple-electronic-payments/jcr:content/data/master" doesn't exist. Please check given path is for type "ref-cf-nophone".
Debit card payments
Cash out – ATM/Post Office/self-service device
Cash in – Post Office/Barclays Collect/self-service device
Additional Barclays Collect charges may apply.
60p per £100
Cheques in – Barclays app/self-service device
Social business mentoring
Want to grow your positive impact? Social businesses work on the key challenges of the world today, whether that’s environmental or societal.
If that describes your business, we’ll match you with dedicated mentors to share their expertise in finance, marketing, planning and strategy. We also offer specialist support with franchising, international trade and digital engagement strategies.
Frequently asked questions
Here’s what we need from you:
- Your residential addresses for the past three years
- Details of your other financial arrangements, like mortgages, credit cards and store cards
- The trading address of your business
- Your Companies House registration number, if you have one
- Details about your business, including tax information and turnover
- Details for your directors or partners, including their names, dates of birth, addresses and National Insurance numbers
- Your business registration details, including your date of incorporation if your business is a limited company.
You can see the full list of requirements on the business banking checklist from UK Finance, the UK’s leading trade association for financial services.
When you submit your application, we’ll need proof of your trading address. We’ll send you an email containing a link, where you can securely upload one of these documents:
- A commercial lease, license or rental agreement completed and signed by both you and your landlord, including your start and end dates
- A commercial utility bill or a reminder for gas or electricity that was sent by post to your trading address within the past three months – we can’t accept online bills
- A bank statement or credit card statement (not including store card statements) in the name of the business that was sent to your trading address within the past three months
- A current liability insurance contract that hasn’t expired, or a non-domestic rate demand from within the past 12 months
- A letter that was sent to your trading address from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) relating to your business, from within the current tax year
- A letter that was sent to your trading address from regulators – for example the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) or Law Society – relating to your business, from within the past three months
- A letter from an accountant or solicitor on headed paper, confirming your trading address, from within the past three months (you can use this letter template). We can’t accept letters from the Institute of Certified Practicing Accountants (ICPA) and Certified Public Accountants Association (CPAA).
When we process your application, we carry out credit and fraud checks on you and your business partners.
These checks take into account your personal and business credit, and anything that might affect your ability to get short-term credit. If your application’s successful, we’ll share information with credit reference agencies about how you manage your account.
We’ll review your application and carry out our checks. Once we’re finished, we’ll send a text to the mobile number you provided to let you know the result.
We aim to start processing all business account applications within seven workings days of receiving them. This could take longer if your business structure is more complex or if we’re receiving more applications than usual.
We’ll update this page with information on any delays, so check here before you apply. If any significant delays happen after you've submitted your application, we’ll get in touch to let you know.
We'll send out your business account details and debit card within seven working days of your account opening.
If you tell us within 14 days of opening your account that you want to cancel or switch to a different account, we’ll refund any account fees that you’ve paid.
The 14 days will start from when you get your Business Customer Agreement or the date your account was opened, whichever comes later.