The products that could give you Loyalty Rewards
Receive a £3.50 reward for each of your first 2 Direct Debit payments, up to £7 each month. You’re eligible for this reward if the Direct Debits are successfully paid from your chosen current account.
Mortgage Loyalty Reward
You can get our £5 monthly Mortgage Reward if you have or take out a residential mortgage with us. You’re only eligible for this reward on one mortgage at any time and it’s not available on our buy-to-let mortgages or staff mortgages taken out before 2003.
Loan Loyalty Reward
Get £1 each month on a Loan Reward if you have or take out a Barclayloan with us. The following loans don’t qualify: Professional Career Development, Resolve, Staff Season Ticket, Staff Career Development and all Staff Loans taken out before September 2013.
You’re only eligible for the Loan Reward:
- For one Barclayloan at any one time
- If your loan repayments are up to date, there are no arrears and we haven’t written off your loan
We might stop paying your Loan Reward if you fall behind with your repayments, there are arrears or we write off your loan.
Home Insurance Loyalty Reward
You'll get our Home Insurance Loyalty Reward when you take out or renew any Barclays Home Insurance policy or our Premium Home Insurance that’s provided by Hiscox. You’ll earn 3% cashback on your total annual premium, which will be divided by 12 and paid monthly into your Barclays Blue Rewards wallet.
You need to join Barclays Blue Rewards first, or do so within 30 days of your policy start date, to be eligible for this reward. If you've had your policy for longer than 30 days, you won't be eligible until you renew.
Your rights under your insurance policy won't be affected by receiving the Home Insurance Loyalty Reward.
You’re only eligible for the Home Insurance Loyalty Reward on one policy at any one time. If you hold more than one policy, your reward will be paid against the policy with the highest premium. Any changes you make to your policy that impact your premium before your renewal will be reflected in your Home Insurance Loyalty Reward within 30 days of the change.
Life Insurance Loyalty Reward
- You’ll get our Life Insurance Loyalty Reward when you take out life insurance or life insurance with critical illness. You can earn £1.50 a month when you take out just life insurance and £5 a month if you opt for life insurance with critical illness cover.
- You need to join Barclays Blue Rewards first, or do so within 30 days of your policy start date, to be eligible for this reward. If you’ve had your life insurance policy for longer than 30 days, you won’t be eligible for the reward.
- Your rights under your insurance policy won’t be affected by being a Barclays Blue Rewards customer.
- You’re eligible for the Life Insurance Loyalty Reward on one policy only and for a maximum of 12 months. You can only have one life insurance reward term. After 12 months, you will no longer be eligible for a life insurance reward, even if you buy an additional life insurance policy at a later stage.
- The reward will only apply to life insurance policies bought from 15 November 2018.
When and how you’ll receive your rewards
Rewards for Barclays products
We’ll add your Direct Debit Loyalty Reward, Mortgage Reward, Loan Reward, Home Insurance Reward and Life Insurance Loyalty Reward into your Rewards Wallet on the second working day of each month. Payments will start on the second working day of the calendar month that follows:
- Joining Barclays Blue Rewards if you have an existing mortgage or existing loan
- Completion of your new mortgage
- Opening of your new loan
- The starting date of your insurance policy
As long as you have Barclays Blue Rewards:
- Your Mortgage Loyalty Reward will be paid every month for as long as you have the mortgage
- Your Loan Loyalty Reward will be paid every month for as long as you have a loan unless we stop paying your Loan Loyalty Reward because your loan repayments are not up-to-date, you are in arrears or we write off your loan
- Your Home Insurance Loyalty Reward will be paid every month for as long as you hold the policy
- Your Life Insurance Loyalty Reward will be paid every month for as long as you hold the policy, up to a maximum of 12 months.
- If you, or your estate, makes a successful life insurance or critical illness claim (except child critical illness), your policy will cease and any current life insurance reward will also cease.
When you renew your home insurance policy, top up your loan, switch rates, borrow more, move house or remortgage from another lender, please check to see what Loyalty Reward you’ll be eligible for with your new mortgage, loan or home insurance policy. Life insurance policies are non-renewable, so the life insurance reward will cease after 12 months.
We might revise your Direct Debit Loyalty Reward, Mortgage Reward or Loan Reward in the future to make sure that the reward remains competitive and reflects changes to our costs over the term of your mortgage, loan or account. We might also add or remove any Product Rewards. We’ll give you 2 months’ notice before making any change and if you don’t agree with the changes, you can cancel your Barclays Blue Rewards, without charge, in Online Banking or with the Barclays app.
We might revise your Home Insurance Loyalty Reward or Life Insurance Loyalty Reward in the future. We’ll give you 2 months’ notice before making any change and if you don’t agree with the changes, you can cancel your Barclays Blue Rewards without charge, in Online Banking or with our app.
If you leave Barclays Blue Rewards and re-join later, you'll need to renew or take out new home insurance products from us to qualify for the Home Insurance Loyalty Reward. If you leave Barclays Blue Rewards and re-join later, you will not qualify for the Life Insurance Loyalty Reward, if you already have or had life insurance.