What if I’m unhappy with a claims management company (CMC) that I’ve used?

If your complaint relates to poor service, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman. If it relates to poor conduct, you can contact the Financial Conduct Authority. Here’s how.

Poor service could be the result of your claim or the fees you’ve been charged.

You’ll need to have complained to the CMC before you can submit a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman – its website gives clear details on the process, but as a guide you’ll need to:

  • Ask the CMC how to make a complaint and follow its procedure
  • Contact the Financial Ombudsman if you’re not happy with the CMC’s response and the CMC has stated that its response is final

You can also ask the Financial Ombudsman to investigate if the CMC fails to respond to your complaint within 8 weeks.

You can contact the Financial Ombudsman on 0800 023 4567 or by using their online enquiry form.

Poor conduct could include breaking the conduct rules for claims companies, issuing unsolicited calls and text messages or not being properly registered.

If this is the case, contact the Financial Conduct Authority.