Have you been affected by Monarch Airlines going into administration?
We’re sorry to hear that some of you have been affected by Monarch Airlines going into administration. We know this will be a difficult and frustrating time for you and we want to do all we can to help.
The companies impacted by this are
- Monarch Airlines Ltd
- Monarch Holidays Ltd (ATOL Number 2275)
- First Aviation Ltd (ATOL Number 4888) previously trading as Monarch Airlines, Avro Ltd (ATOL Number 1939)
- Somewhere2stay Ltd
To find out the most up to date information, please contact Monarch or check their website. If you’re ATOL protected, you’re guaranteed a full refund from Monarch.
We understand Monarch is experiencing high call volumes, but it’s very important that you’re absolutely certain of whether or not you can claim through Monarch first.
If Monarch can’t help you, please contact us to raise a dispute. If you’ve booked using your Barclaycard, please contact Barclaycard directly.
We’re doing everything we can to process your claim as quickly as possible. Claims will take a minimum of 60 days to complete from the day we receive your signed and completed disclaimer forms.
Details of the process
- Once we receive your claim, it’ll need to be processed. This can take up to 14 days
- Next, your claim is sent through to Monarch. According to Visa regulations, we must give them 45 days to respond
- If we receive agreement from Monarch, we’ll inform you within 14 days
- If Monarch declines, we’ll automatically appeal for you – giving them another 30 days to respond. When we receive their final response, we’ll write to you within 14 days
Tips for your disclaimer forms
- We need your signature to start your claim. If there are multiple transactions, please sign for each transaction
- Please attach your proof of purchase for the transactions and the non-ATOL-protected letter from Monarch. You can download a copy by visiting Monarch’s website
Please follow the disputes process first and, if that’s unsuccessful, our travel insurance team will see how they can help you. We’ll need the documents from the dispute before we can pursue any travel insurance claims.
Please contact us and we’ll return your funds at the rate you bought them. There won’t be any cost to you.
If you’re due to return to the UK on or before 15 October 2017, Monarch will arrange for you to return as planned, at no extra cost to you.
Monarch’s website has more information on this and states they’ll contact customers a minimum of 48 hours before their original departure time.
If you’ve booked your holiday through a third party and Monarch can’t help you, you should contact the company you booked with.