Question 6 of 6 about Making and receiving international payments
How do I receive money from abroad?
Someone can send you money from abroad, but they’ll need some details first
- Your International Bank Account Number (IBAN). Find this on your statement, or create one using the tool on our international payments page
- Barclays UK ‘SWIFTBIC’ (Bank Identifier Code) – this is BUKBGB22
- Your sort code and account number – unless you’ve used your IBAN
- Your full name and address
- The amount of the payment and the currency it’s in
You should agree with the sender who's going to pay the charges if the payment is coming from outside the EEA.
You need to give the sender your IBAN if you want to receive a SEPA credit transfer.