Question 5 of 6 about Making a complaint

What if I’m not happy with the outcome of my complaint?

We’re sorry if you’re not happy with the decision we've taken. If you wish to take your complaint further, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to look into it for you. 

The Financial Ombudsman is a free, independent service for resolving disputes between customers and financial services institutions. You'll need to contact them within 6 months of our final response letter – and they'll ask to see the letter as summary of our investigation of your complaint.

  • By phone

    You can call the Financial Ombudsman Service using with the following numbers.

    From a UK landline: 0800 023 4567

    From a UK mobile: 0300 123 9123

    Calls to 0800 numbers are free when calling from a UK landline. 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call and are included in inclusive minutes for mobiles. Charges may apply when calling from abroad.

  • Online

    You can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) by email:

    By visiting their website:

    Or via the Online Dispute Resolution platform provided by the European Commission. You can use this service if you’ve bought or registered for a product or service with us online, although it may be quicker to contact the FOS directly. You’ll need our email (, our website address ( and our location (Barclays, Leicester, LE87 2BB) to use this service.


  • By post

    You can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at the following address:

    The Financial Ombudsman Service
    Exchange Tower
    E14 9SR