How do I cancel a Continuous Payment Authority (CPA)?

Contact the retailer or company you have an arrangement with and ask them to cancel it. Make sure you understand your contractual agreement with them and when your service will stop.

Then contact us to ask us to block any future payment requests. If the retailer or company tries to take a payment from your card, we'll stop it for you. This cancels your agreement to pay for your service, but it doesn't cancel the service itself.

If you want to block a specific payment, you’ll need to ask us at least one working day before it’s due. If not, that payment will still go out and we’ll apply your block from your next payment.

The fastest way to ask us to block a payment request is online – see our Help with a transaction page for more information.

Or you can call us on 0800 400 100 and select option 2 (+44 2476 842 099 from outside the UK). Lines are open 24/7. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Call charges.

After we’ve added your block, the company might try to collect money from your account using a different name. If this happens, call us on the number above and we’ll refund it.

You can remove the block whenever you like – just give us a call. You’ll need to contact the retailer or company directly if you want to get back any services you’ve cancelled.