How do I get my Pingit account verification code?
If you’re registering your Barclays current account with Pingit, and you’ve got a PINsentry reader, it’s easy.
- Go through the steps to register Pingit
- You’ll get a PINsentry challenge and response code
- Insert your card into the PINsentry reader
- Enter your PIN
- Press ‘Respond’
- Follow the instructions
No PINsentry reader?
- Use a card reader from another bank
- Go to a Barclays branch and use their PINsentry reader
- Use a Barclays cash machine:
- Go to the main menu and select ‘Barclays Pingit services’
- Enter your mobile number
- Confirm your mobile number
- Enter the ATM verification code from your Pingit app
If you’re not registering a Barclays account with Pingit, or you’re registering online
- We’ll deposit £0.01 in the account you register for Pingit, or make two small payments for different amounts
- We’ll ask you for the payment reference on the £0.01 deposit or the amounts of the small payments