If I’ve got a new phone, can I just download the Pingit app again and log in?
If you're moving from one iPhone to another, and keeping your phone number, you can carry on using Pingit on the new phone.
- Open the app on your old phone
- In the top right hand corner of the side menu, tap the settings option
- Select 'Change my device' and follow the instructions.
The first time you open Pingit on a new iPhone, you'll be asked whether you want to restore your registration.
If you’re moving from one Android phone to another (and your phone number and other details are staying the same), just install Pingit on your new device and re-register.
If you’re moving from one type of phone to another, or if your phone number or any other details have changed
- On your old phone, in the top right-hand corner of the side menu, tap the settings option, then tap ‘Cancel my Pingit registration’
- Install the Pingit app on your new phone and re-register
If you don’t have your old phone, you’ll need to give us a ring on 0333 200 1012*, and we’ll delete your old registration for you.
*Calls to 03 numbers are charged at the same rate as dialling an 01 or 02 number. If your fixed line or mobile service has inclusive minutes to 01/02 numbers, then calls to 03 are counted as part of this inclusive call volume.
Non-BT customers and mobile phone users should contact their service providers for information about the cost of calls.
To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls.