How do I make a payment to someone new with Pingit?
To pay someone new
- Tap ‘Pay’ on the home screen
- Enter the name or mobile number in the search box, or tap ‘+’ to choose a contact
- Tap in the amount you want to send. You can also add a message
- Tap ‘Review payment’
- Confirm the payment
We’ll send you both a notification confirming the payment. If the person you’ve paid is registered with Pingit, they’ll get the payment straightaway. If they’re not, we’ll send them a text message asking them to register within 7 days to get their payment. If they don’t register within 7 days, the payment will be cancelled.
To pay a business you haven’t paid before
- Scroll down the home screen and tap ‘Pay a business’
- Type the business name in the search box or choose a category
- When you find the business, tap ‘Pay’
You’ll get a notification when your payment reaches the business.
To pay a charity you haven’t paid before
- On the home screen, scroll down and tap ‘Donate to charity’
- Type the charity name in the search box or choose it from the list
- Tap ‘Pay’
- Tap in the amount and add a reference
- Follow the on-screen instructions
If the person you want to pay has linked their Twitter ID to Pingit, you can pay them by entering their Twitter ID instead of their mobile number.