What do I do if I have a Pingit gift card?
We’re closing the Pingit gift card service down on 9 October 2017, and after that you won’t be able to see your gift card details in the Pingit app or online.
If you’ve already used the entire amount on your gift card, you don’t need to do anything.
If you haven’t used your gift card yet, or you’ve only used some of the amount, you’ll need to take a note of the gift card details so that you can still use it after 9 October 2017.
I’m a Pingit user. How do I find my gift card details?
- Open your Pingit app and tap the button on the top left of the home screen to get to the main menu
- Tap ‘Gifts’, select the gift card, then tap ‘Redeem’
- Store the gift card details. We recommend you email them to yourself by tapping ‘Redeem by email’. Alternatively, you could take a screenshot or write them down and keep them somewhere safe
I’m not a Pingit user. How do I find my gift card details?
You’ll need the email that Barclays sent to you when you got the gift card – it has the subject ‘Barclays Pingit Gift’. You’ll also need the code that Pingit sent to you by text message. Can’t find the text message or the email? Ask the person who sent you the gift card to give us a ring on 0333 200 1012, and we’ll do our best to help. To get your gift card details
- Tap ‘Collect my gift’ in the email. Your browser will open a page in a new tab
- Enter the code in the text message and tap ‘Claim my eGift’
- You’ll be given another code, which you’ll need to use the gift card. We recommend taking a screenshot or printing it out, alternatively you could write it down and keep it somewhere safe
What do I do with the details?
The retailer can tell you how to use the gift card – check on their website or in-store.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by closure of the Pingit gift card service. If you have any questions, please give us a ring on 0333 200 1012*
*Calls to 03 numbers are charged at the same rate as dialling an 01 or 02 number. If your fixed line or mobile service has inclusive minutes to 01/02 numbers, then calls to 03 are counted as part of this inclusive call volume.
Non-BT customers and mobile phone users should contact their service providers for information about the cost of calls.
To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls.