Question 4 of 11 about PPI complaints information
What information do I need to provide when I make a PPI complaint?
To help us investigate your PPI complaint thoroughly, please provide us with as much information as possible about your policy, and the sale of the policy.
Below is a list of information that will help with our investigation:
- An existing complaint reference number, if you have one
- Any PPI account/card and policy numbers
- Details of the start dates of any policies
- Information about how your policy was sold, for example on the phone or in branch
- Employment details at the time you took out PPI, including salary and whether your employer provided any level of pay in the event that you were unable to work
- Details of any savings or other insurances you had when you took out your policy
- What you took out your loan/credit card for and, if to pay off other loans, the amounts you paid off
If you can’t remember all the information, you can still complete the online form. We might need to contact you if we have a question about the information you’ve given us or we need more information. If you’ve remembered some details, or found a document that you think will help us investigate and make a decision on your complaint, please get in touch as soon as possible.
If you are posting further information to us, please ensure you provide your complaint reference number if you have one; or a cover letter with your details to help us locate your complaint.