How do I make a complaint about a Claims Management Company (CMC) I’ve used to handle my PPI complaint?

You can complain to 1 of 2 organisations, depending on the nature of your complaint. Both organisations are independent and there are no charges for making complaints.

Poor service

Complaints about poor service should be made to the Financial Ombudsman – poor service could be the result of your complaint or the fees you’ve been charged. 

You’ll need to have lodged a complaint with the CMC before you can submit a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman – its website gives clear details on the process, but as a guide you’ll need to:

  • Ask the CMC how to make a complaint and follow its procedure
  • Contact the Financial Ombudsman if you’re not happy with the CMC’s response, and the CMC states its response is final

You can also ask the Financial Ombudsman to investigate if the CMC fails to respond to your complaint within 8 weeks.

You can contact the Financial Ombudsman on 0800 023 4567 or by using their online enquiry form.

Poor conduct

If your complaint is about poor conduct, contact the Financial Conduct Authority – poor conduct could include breaking the conduct rules for claims companies, issuing unsolicited calls and text messages or not being properly registered.