Has your flight, holiday or event been cancelled?
If your trip or booking has been cancelled, either because of travel restrictions or your provider’s stopped trading, we’re here to help.
Before you get in touch
- Check for the most up-to-date information from your trip provider or agent – either give them a call or check their website. They should be able to give you a refund if they’re still trading, or possibly offer you some suitable alternatives, which could be quicker and easier than making a claim
- If the company you’ve booked with has stopped trading, your booking could be covered by a ‘bonding authority’ such as ATOL or ABTA. If it is, they’ll be referenced in your documents. You should contact the bonding authority first about what to do, and make a claim through them if possible. This could give you more support than just making a claim through us, especially if you’re already on your holiday
If none of these help, or if the bonding authority says you should make a claim through your card provider, here’s how to do it.
In your Barclays app
- Log into your Barclays app and tap the transaction you need help with
- Then tap ‘Help with this transaction’
- Choose the FAQ ‘I know what this debit card transaction is, but there’s a problem’ and tap ‘Report a problem’
- Log in to Online Banking using the button at the top of this page
- Select the account the transaction was made in, scroll to the bottom of the list of transactions, then select ‘Don’t recognise a transaction?’
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap ‘Report a problem’.
Please make sure you give us all the travel details such as airports, timings and so on. We might also ask for proof that the trip provider refused a refund and that they cancelled the booking.
Read more about making claim on our Support with debit card purchases page.
What happens next?
We'll send you a text or letter within five days of your claim with next steps.
We’re helping a lot of people right now so if you call us, it might take us longer than we’d like to speak to you. To save you waiting, the Barclays app is the quickest way to speak to us. Just log in, scroll down to ‘Contact us’, tap ‘Live Chat’ and we can help you straight away. It's fast, secure, and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What if I’ve paid in another way, like cash or cheque?
The debit card schemes process claims so you can’t claim through us if you’ve paid in cash, cheque or any other method. Check the provider’s website and get in touch with ATOL or ABTA if your purchase is covered.
What if I have travel insurance with you?
Please follow the disputes process first for your claim. If you’re unsuccessful, our travel insurance team will try to help you. We’ll need the claim form, evidence and anything else you sent as part of your unsuccessful dispute before we can pursue any travel insurance claims. Copies will be fine if you don’t have the originals.