Claiming your money if your address is in the EEA

If we’ve written to you to let you know we’ve closed your savings and/or current account because you have an address in the European Economic Area (EEA), you can find out how to claim your balance here. You can’t claim your balance unless your account has been closed.

If your account's still open, please don't submit a request – here's how to withdraw your balance and close your account instead.

If we’ve closed your account

You can submit a claim for the balance that was in your account, plus any interest you might have earned since it closed. The quickest way to do this is online, but you can also post the request to us or visit one of our UK branches.

You can claim for all your savings, current accounts and cash ISAs together on the same form.

If you tell us on the claim form that you want to keep your UK tax-free benefits on your cash ISA savings, we’ll open a new account for each cash ISA you’re claiming for, and pay your cash ISA balances to these accounts.

If you're living outside of the UK, you'll need to transfer the balance from each new account we open for you, to another UK cash ISA provider within two months of us opening the account. We’ll write to you with the new account details and what you need to do next if you still live in the EEA.

When will I get my money?

We’ll aim to process your claim and send you your money within fifteen working days of receiving your completed request and all supporting certified documents. If we need to send a cheque, when you get it will depend on your local postal service.

Please make sure you provide all of the required documentation with your completed claim form. Missing information will result in a delay to your claim.

If you choose to keep your UK tax-free benefits on your cash ISA savings and instruct us to open a new account for your cash ISA balance, this may take a bit longer to process.