YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
We’ve decommissioned the Barclays Homeowner app
On 30 April, we stopped working on the Barclays Homeowner app – you can’t see houses from Zoopla in the app anymore either. We recommend you delete it from your smartphone or tablet.
If you’d like to explore what mortgages we offer, work out what you could afford and calculate estimated repayments and interest rates, try our handy mortgage calculators.
About the Barclays Homeowner App
The BH app is brought to you by Barclays, but the property information is supplied by Zoopla, a property website and our relationship partner, and is displayed for information purposes only.
The properties displayed in this app are not necessarily suitable security for a mortgage with Barclays or any other lender. Acceptability of a property as security for a Barclays’ mortgage will be subject to an acceptable valuation at the time of application.
The property values provided in this app are supplied by Zoopla. The values are estimates only and provided for general interest purposes and should only be used as a starting point for what a property may be worth. There may be factors which are not included in these estimates which could significantly affect the true value of the property. You should not rely on these estimates when making decisions about whether a particular property is right for you. Before making decisions of this nature you should seek independent professional advice.
The BH app is a property search and information service, which also provides a range of mortgage calculator applications.
All interest rates and repayment amounts displayed in the BH app are for illustration purposes only. The actual rates available at the time of application and repayment amounts may differ from those displayed, and your mortgage application may be declined if you do not meet Barclays’ credit and policy criteria..
Your use of the Barclays Homeowner App
Before you can use the BH app you will need to download it from the relevant app store. Once downloaded, you will then be able to access the functionality and features of the BH app.
Any information you enter into this app will be stored on your phone unless we tell you otherwise. This may include financial information about your income and expenses or information about the type of properties you are searching for. We recommend that you use the password function on your phone if you want to keep this information confidential.
When we collect personal data from you in this app, we will tell you how we will use that personal data at the time we collect it from you.
When you use the BH app we will be able to access information about your device and your usage of the app. None of this information will be personally identifiable to you, but it will enable the app to function correctly and help us to improve the functionality of the app. We may give this usage information to the following:
- other companies within the Barclays Group and our relationship partners;
- companies and organisations who provide a service to us or are acting as our agents (including their sub-contractors), on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential;
- companies and organisations that assist us in processing transactions made via the app (including but not limited to payment processing service providers);
- anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under this agreement; or
- any third party as a result of any restructure, sale or acquisition of any company within the Barclays Group, provided that any recipient uses your information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us.
When using the BH app you must:
- ensure you comply with any local restrictions on downloading, using or otherwise exporting the app;
- not download the app from anywhere other than a store approved by us or install or use it on a jail-broken or rooted device;
- not use the app in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with the agreement, or act fraudulently or maliciously for example by hacking into or inserting malicious code into the app or iOS, Android, BlackBerry or other operating systems;
- not attempt to derive income from the use or provision of the app, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise;
- not use the app in a way that could damage disable, overburden, impair or compromise the app, Barclays systems or security or interfere with other users;
- not collect or harvest any information or data from the app or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the app;
- not use Barclays Homeowner to send inappropriate or illegal images or content, unsolicited messages, repeat or mass requests or to bully, harass or interfere with the rights of others; and
- if you are sharing your images, ensure you have the right to share it (such as consent from the owner of the image (if it is not you), the home owner or anyone appearing in the image).
In order to arrange viewing of properties, or to find out further information about properties displayed in the app you should contact the individual estate agent displayed with the relevant property.
Responsibilities of Zoopla and estate agents
When you send your information to an estate agent to arrange a viewing, Zoopla may also see your information. We take no responsibility for any information that you send to an estate agent; the estate agents will use your information subject to their own privacy policies and Zoopla will handle and store your information only for the purposes of the BH app and in accordance with relevant laws including data protection law.
Zoopla may transfer or store your information in another country, including the USA. This information may be accessible to overseas regulators and authorities in connection with their legitimate duties (eg the prevention of crime). When you provide your information to an estate agent via the BH app you agree to such transfer or storage overseas, including on behalf of anyone else about whom you provide details to the estate agent.
Certain services in the BH app will make use of location data sent from your mobile device. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the location services settings for the app on your mobile device.
If you use location data services, you consent the transmission, collection, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries by us and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based and road traffic-based products and services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location services settings on your mobile device (for Android) or on the app (for other mobile devices).
Access to Google Maps/Google Earth APIs through the app (iOS and Android versions) is subject to the separate Google Maps/ Google Earth APIs Terms and Conditions available at www.google.com/accounts/TOS.
Access to the Apple Maps APIs through the app (iOS version) is subject to the separate Apple Maps APIs Terms and Conditions available in the General settings on your phone.
Cookies & similar technology
User information backup (for iOS users)
Where back up services are enabled on your iOS device, information such as:
- saved searches;
- personal app settings;
- contacts and photos you add to the app;
- your favourite properties; and
- information you enter into the borrowing and moving cost calculator;
will be stored in the iCloud (for iOS users). The terms and conditions for these services can be found at www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/icloud/en/terms. This service is not available on Android devices.
If you do not wish to back up this information in this way please refer to your phone’s instructions on how to disable this service.
The BH app currently works with iOS 7.0 or later versions and Android 2.3 or later versions. Earlier or other operating systems are not supported. We may change the version of the operating system the BH app works with at any time.
From time to time updates may become available for this app to provide additional functionality or improve existing functionality. To update the app, check in your mobile app store and always download and install any update to this app.
Barclays will not charge you for access to the BH app, however you may be charged by your service provider for internet access on your smartphone.
Additional services may become available in the future through the BH app. Where there is a charge for these services you will be clearly informed and your consent will be obtained before charging you for these services.
The app may utilise or include third party software and copyrighted material or may be subject to third party or other open source licenses. Portions of the software are based in part on:
RestKit licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright 2009-2012 The RestKit Project)
Core Plot licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright 2012, Drew McCormack, Brad Larson, Eric Skroch, Barry Wark, Dirkjan Krijnders, Rick Maddy, Vijay Kalusani, Caleb Cannon, Jeff Buck, Thomas Elstner, Jeroen Leenarts, Craig Hockenberry, Hartwig Wiesmann, Koen van der Drift, Nino Ag, Mike Lischke, and Trevor Harmon)
iCarousel licensed under zlib License (Copyright 2011 Charcoal Design)
JSONKit licensed by Stig Brautaset (Copyright 2007-2011 Stig Brautaset)
rcswitch licensed under MIT-style license (Copyright 2010 Robert Chin, Sascha Hoehne)
Apple Common Crypto licensed under Creative Commons License (Copyright (c) 2004 Apple Computer, Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
NSData-Base64 is provided as-is, without any express or implied warranty (Copyright 2009 Matt Gallagher)
SIAlertView (Copyright 2013 Sumi Interactive)
Actionbarsherlock licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright 2012 Jake Wharton)
SlidingMenu licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright 2012 Jeremy Feinstein)
ViewPageIndicator licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright 2012 Jake Wharton, Copyright 2011 Patrik Akerfeldt, Copyright 2011 Francisco Figueiredo Jr.)
Achartengine licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright 2009 - 2012 The 4ViewSoft Company)
HoloEverywhere licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright 2012 Christophe Versieux, Sergey Shatunov)
PhotoView licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright Chris Banes)
Range-seekbar licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright Stephan Tittel, Peter Sinnott, Thomas Barrasso)
Mapcluster licensed under Apache License 2.0 (Copyright 2012 Cyril Mottier, Damian Flannery)
Qoppa software qPDF Toolkit (Copyright © 2002-Present Qoppa Software. All rights reserved)
Property information is provided by Zoopla Property Group Limited. Registered Company No. 6074771. Registered office: 2nd Floor, Union House, 182-194 Union Street, London SE1 0LH under licence and is supplied for information purposes only.
© Crown copyright material is reproduced with the permission of Land Registry under delegated authority from the Controller of HMSO. Permitted Use - viewers of this information are granted permission to access this Crown copyright material and to download it onto electronic, magnetic, optical or similar storage media provided that such activities are for private research, study or in-house use only. Any other use of the material requires the formal written permission of Land Registry which can be requested from us and is subject to an additional license and associated charge.
© Crown copyright material reproduced with the permission of Registers of Scotland. Barclays Bank UK PLC provides this Registers of Scotland data "as is". The burden for fitness of the data relies completely with the user and is provided for informational purposes only. No warranty, express or implied, is given relating to the accuracy of content of the Registers of Scotland data and Barclays Bank UK PLC does not accept any liability for error or omission. Registers of Scotland allows the reproduction of the data which it provides free of charge in any format or medium for research, private study or for internal circulation within an organisation. This is subject to it being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. The material must be acknowledged as Crown copyright. This data must not be used for commercial purposes, nor copied, distributed, sold or published in any way.
We do not charge you for using the app (network charges may apply for using the app).
We will not be liable to you for any losses you suffer or costs you incur because:
- you are unable to access or use the BH app for any reason or there is a delay in its use;
- any device, hardware or software you use in connection with the App is damaged or corrupted or fails to work;
- the BH app does not work as you expect, does not meet your requirements or contains errors or defects or we fail to correct these;
- you did not receive any SMS notifications in a timely manner;
- you send your contact details to an estate agent in connection with the BH app; or
- there is a reduced level or failure to provide any service caused by any third party service providers including software providers and mobile operators.
Changes to the BH app terms and conditions
We can change the terms and conditions at any time. When we change the terms and conditions we will notify you of the change when you next start the BH app. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the BH app.
© Barclays 2017. All rights reserved.