- Unlimited rebuild and repair costs for emergencies like burst pipes, floods and storm damage
- We’ll replace matching items if one of a set is damaged, like your bathroom tiles
- Buy cover enhancements for extra protection if you need it
The finer details
Your home is probably the most valuable thing you own, so make sure it’s covered no matter what life throws at you.
- Unlimited rebuild and repair costs1 for structural damage caused by extreme weather, fire or subsidence to your home and permanent fixtures, outbuildings, boundary walls, drives, paths, pools and gates
- Matching items up to £10,000, to replace a damaged part of a set, like your bathroom tiles
- Alternative accommodation up to £100,000 if you’re unable to live in your home after a flood, fire or other emergency
- Adjustable excess to suit you
Available for extra fees
- Buildings accidental damage – over half of claims enquiries relate to accidental damage, a quarter of which are for buildings. It covers things like broken windows, cracked basins and damaged pipes
- Protected no-claim discount allows 2 claims in 5 years without losing your no-claim discount, and your premium won’t be affected as a direct result of a claim
What’s not covered
- Accidental damage isn’t standard but you can choose to include it with your buildings insurance
- Damage caused by wet or dry rot
- Gates, fences or hedges blown down in a storm
It’s important you understand exactly what is and isn’t covered by buildings insurance. The examples we’ve shown above are only intended as a guide – full details are in the policy document.
Other buildings options
Barclays Premium Home Insurance
Provided by Hiscox, our most comprehensive level of home insurance for Premier customers, with jewellery, watches, art and collections covered as standard.