- Suitable if you’ve just moved into your first home or you don’t have much stuff
- Protect your things against theft or damage in the home
- Choose the level of cover you need between £2,000 and £15,000
What you get as standard
Cover for your possessions while they're in your home
Cover if your possessions are lost, stolen or damaged
Choose the level of cover you need, from £2,000 to £15,000 – no need to pay for anything you don’t want
Valuable items cover
Protection for your most valuable items, like jewellery, watches and art, up to the contents sum insured
Specify single items over £1,000
Cover against damage while you're moving home
Protect your things against mishaps while they’re being transported to your student home, whether by a removal company or if you move them yourself
Replacement locks and keys
We’ll cover the cost of replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen, keeping your home secure
Contents accidental damage
Cover for those little accidents that would otherwise cost a fortune to fix, such as spilling red wine on your carpet, knocking the TV off its stand or dropping your laptop or tablet
Protected contents no-claim discount
Allows 2 claims in 5 years without losing your no-claim discount and your premium won’t be affected as a direct result of those claims
Limits apply to certain things within your starter contents cover, such as single item cover. These will be set out in the policy schedule. Some things aren’t covered, including:
- Motorised vehicles, aircraft, caravans, boats or any other kind of water vehicle
- Accidental damage – wider cover is available as an add-on (contents accidental damage) or through gadget, personal items, bike and sports equipment covers
- Theft by paying guests of tenants
- Certain theft or damage that happens when your home is unoccupied for more than the number of days permitted by the policy
The policy document provides full details of what is and isn’t covered. The list we've shown above is only intended as a guide.
Replacing your possessions could be surprisingly expensive. That’s why our contents insurance offers an unlimited amount to cover items for theft and damage while they’re in your home.
- We’ll replace matching items if one of a set is damaged and cover your valuables like jewellery and watches
- Buy cover enhancements for extra protection if you need it
Home insurance loyalty reward
You can earn up to £36 a year with home insurance when you join Barclays Blue Rewards within the first 30 days of your policy start date. 1Eligibility criteria and monthly fee apply.
What you’ll need to get a quote
- Details about the type of property you’re living in.
- Your claims history on home insurance for the last 5 years.
Manage your policy online
Log in to view and download your policy documents, update your details or insure more items.
Need to make a claim?
Log in to make a new claim or update an existing claim.