Student contents insurance

Student contents insurance

Cover while you’re studying

Design your own cover to protect stuff against theft or damage in your student home – add the cover you need for the items you have, like bikes, gadgets and more.

  • Choose the level of cover you need, from £2,000 to £15,000
  • Add other cover such as gadget, bike and sports equipment
  • You’re covered while you’re moving your possessions to and from your student home

Why get student insurance?

If the things you take to uni aren’t covered by your parents’ insurance, they could be costly to replace if they’re lost, stolen or damaged. Our student insurance lets you enjoy uni life with the comfort of knowing your possessions are protected in your term-time home.

  • Your contents are covered while they’re in your student home and when you’re moving in and out. Optional extras are available for an additional fee. There’s more cover available if you need it too – add personal items, sports equipment, bike or gadget cover, for a policy that’s truly shaped around you.


    What you get as standard

    Cover for your possessions while they’re in your student home

    Cover against theft or damage

    Choose how much cover you need, from £2,000 to £15,000


    Valuable items cover

    Protection for your most valuable items such as jewellery, watches and art, up to the amount insured

    Individual items covered up to a value of £1,000

    Cover against damage while you’re moving home

    Protect your things against mishaps while moving to and from your student home, whether you’re using a company or doing it yourself

    Replacement locks and keys

    We’ll cover the cost of replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen

    Optional extras

    Contents accidental damage

    Cover for little accidents, like spilling red wine on the carpet or dropping your laptop or tablet

    Protected contents no-claim discount

    You can make 2 claims in 5 years without losing your no-claim discount and your premium won’t be affected as a direct result of those claims

  • There’s a maximum we’ll pay out for certain things, such as individual items. This is all in your policy schedule. Some things aren’t covered, such as:

    • Motorised vehicles
    • Accidental damage – wider cover is available as an add-on (student contents accidental damage) or through gadget, personal items, bike and sports equipment covers
    • Certain theft or damage that happens when your student home is unoccupied for more than the number of days allowed in the policy

    The policy document provides full details of what is and isn’t covered. The list we’ve shown above is only intended as a guide.

Gadget insurance

Gadget insurance

Our gadget cover goes where you go

Wherever in the world you take your gadgets, make sure they’re insured.

  • Protect your smartphone, laptop, tablet and digital camera from loss, theft and damage
  • You’re covered whether you’re at home or anywhere else in the world
  • Available if you’re insuring your contents with us (including starter contents cover and student contents cover)
Personal items insurance

Personal items insurance

Protect your possessions, wherever you are

Get cover for your personal items wherever you are, including your jewellery, guitar or designer clothes. 

Bike cover

Cover at home, on the road, around the world

Get cover for your bike wherever you are, including your families as well.

  • Insure your bicycle and any others in your home will be covered up to the same value, wherever you take them
  • If you can’t use one due to theft or damage, we’ll cover the costs of hiring a replacement

Sports equipment cover

Protect your sports equipment at home and away

You’re covered at home or anywhere else in the world for your sporting activities equipment.

  • Protect your sports equipment and specialised clothing against loss, theft or damage
  • Choose your level of cover from £250 to £5,000

Looking for a bank account?

Student Additions Account

A practical bank account with contactless payments, mobile banking and cashback opportunities through cashback.

What you’ll need to get a quote

  • Details about the type of property you’re living in.
  • Your claims history on home insurance for the last 5 years.

Manage your policy online

Log in to view and download your policy documents, update your details or insure more items.

Need to make a claim?

Log in to make a new claim or update an existing claim.

Any questions?

Contact us

0800 015 0246 1

Monday to Friday, 8am to 10pm
Saturday, 8am to 6pm
Sunday and bank holidays, 10am to 4pm