Insurance Product Information Document
Company: Aviva Insurance Limited
Product: Barclays Travel Plus Pack
Registered in Scotland No. 2116 Registered office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number 202153
This is a summary of our insurance policy. You will find all the terms and conditions, along with other important information, online or in the policy booklet within the Welcome Pack.
What is this type of insurance?
This worldwide travel insurance provides you with protection before or during your holiday. The cover protects you and your family travelling together for such things as emergency medical treatment, personal liability, legal expenses and the theft of your money – although some cover may be optional which will incur an additional cost.
What is insured?
Pay to extend your cover for a specific trip:
- Increased baggage - up to £2,500 per person.
- Increased trip costs - cancellation or coming home early costs up to a maximum of £10,000 per person.
- Trip duration - cover a trip longer than 31 days (to a maximum of 90 days).
You should buy your upgrade at the point of booking your trip.
What is not insured?
- Any claim for cancellation if the advice or measures were in place or had been announced at the time you purchased your Pack or the trip was booked (whichever is later).
- Any claim for coming home early if the advice or measures were in place or had been announced when you (or the insured person) left the UK.
Are there any restrictions on cover?
- Cover is for you and your partner who lives with you, and you and your partner’s dependent children under the age of 23 (when travelling with you or your partner) plus you and/or your partner’s dependent children aged under 23 (including stepchildren and foster children). Adults must be aged 79 or under.
- All insured persons must be UK residents (living in the UK for more than 183 days a year) and registered with a UK doctor.
- Holidays in the UK will only be covered where you’re away from home for at least two consecutive nights and have pre-booked accommodation, or have prepaid flights or ferry crossings.
- Trips should be no longer than 31 days and must start and end in the UK (unless you’ve purchased an extension to your cover).
Where am I covered?
What are my obligations?
- You must take reasonable care to give us complete and accurate answers to any questions we ask, including questions about your existing medical conditions – whether you’re taking out or making changes to your policy.
- You must observe and fulfil the terms, provisions, conditions and clauses of this policy – failure to do so could affect your cover.
- You must tell us about any event which might lead to a claim as soon as possible.
- We will tell you what information you need to provide us to achieve a settlement of any claim. For example a police report for lost or stolen items. For full details please see the policy booklet.
When and how do I pay?
A monthly fee of £18.00 for your Travel Plus Pack payable in advance on the first working day of the month. The first fee is a pro-rata payment for the rest of the month in which the Pack is opened. All amounts include insurance premium tax at the appropriate rate.
When does the cover start and end?
The start date is the date when you first purchase your Pack.
The travel insurance will continue on a monthly basis until your Pack is cancelled, you reach the age limit, or are no longer a UK resident.
How do I cancel the contract?
If you cancel within the first 14 days, any Travel Plus Pack you have paid will be refunded in full. This 14 day period begins on the date the Travel Plus Pack is opened or the date you receive your policy document, whichever is the later.
Unless you cancel within the 14 day cooling-off period, you must hold this Pack for a minimum term of six months from the purchase date, after which you can cancel the Pack at any time.
To cancel, you can remove the Pack within your available digital channel, call us on 03457 345 345, visit a branch or write to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
Item Ref: 9915997_UK. Created 12/20