Why choose a Barclays Investment Account?
It offers a fully flexible way to invest for your future, with no annual or lifetime limits on how much you can pay in.
If you’re prepared to set your money aside for the long-term, at least five years, our Investment Account can make your money work harder. With a Barclays Investment Account, you’ll also enjoy access to:
What does it cost?
As a Smart Investor customer, you’ll pay a single monthly Customer Fee, plus a transaction fee whenever you buy or sell investments. Other fees may also apply depending on the account type you have and the investments you hold.
Our customer fee is charged to service your account(s) and based on the value of your investment holdings:
- Investments in funds1 – charged at 0.2%
- All other investments2 – charged at 0.1%
There's a minimum charge of £4 per month, which applies from the point that you first add cash or transfer in investments you hold elsewhere.
These fees are charged each time you buy or sell an investment:
- Fund transactions placed online - £3
- Other investment transactions placed online - £6
- All investment transactions placed by telephone - £25
- All automated regular investments - £1
- You may have to pay fees and levies, and fund manager fees depending on the investments you choose
- For a Barclays SIPP a quarterly administration fee of £31.25 + VAT applies, payable to AJ Bell along with other account fees [PDF, 194KB]
Things to remember
- The value of investments can fall as well as rise; you may get back less than you invest.
- Barclays Smart Investor doesn’t offer personal investment advice. If you're unsure about investing, seek independent advice.
- Smart Investor is an investment service for UK residents. Our service is not available to US persons, even where resident in the UK.
Apply for Barclays Investment Account
Apply today and enjoy an account with no annual or lifetime limits.
If you’re a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer, simply log in and apply. If you’re not a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer,3 you can apply online in a few simple steps.
- Unit Trusts & Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) only.
- Other investments – all asset classes except the funds above.
- This includes customers with a Barclaycard, Barclays Mortgage or Barclays savings accounts. If you are a Business Banking customer or Wealth management client, please contact your usual Barclays contact.