Why choose a Barclays Investment Account?
It offers a fully flexible way to invest for your future, with no annual or lifetime limits on how much you can pay in.
If you’re prepared to set your money aside for the long-term, at least five years, our Investment Account can make your money work harder. With a Barclays Investment Account, you’ll also enjoy access to:
What does it cost?
As a Smart Investor customer, you’ll pay a single monthly customer fee, plus a transaction fee each time you trade.
Our customer fee is calculated based on the value of your investment holdings:
- Investments in funds1 – charged at 0.2% per annum
- All other investments2 – charged at 0.1% per annum
Our customer fee is charged monthly, with a minimum charge of £4 and maximum charge of £125 per month. You can use our cost calculator to work out how much investing may cost you.
The following fees are charged whenever you buy or sell an investment:
- Fund transactions placed online - £3
- Other investment transactions placed online - £6
- All investment transactions placed by telephone - £25
- All automated regular investments - £1
Things to remember
- The value of investments can fall as well as rise; you may get back less than you invest.
- Barclays Smart Investor doesn’t offer personal investment advice. If you're unsure about investing, seek independent advice.
- Smart Investor is an investment service for UK residents. Our service is not available to US persons, even where resident in the UK.
Apply for Barclays Investment Account
Apply today and enjoy an account with no annual or lifetime limits.
If you’re a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer, simply log in and apply. If you’re not a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer3, you can apply online in a few simple steps.
- Unit Trusts & Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) only.
- Other investments – all asset classes except the funds above. Taxes and fund manager fees may also apply depending on what you invest in.
- This includes customers with a Barclaycard, Barclays Mortgage or Barclays savings accounts. If you are a Business Banking customer or Wealth management client, please contact your usual Barclays contact.