Prepare for the best
by investing tax efficiently
Open an award-winning Investment ISA
Start investing to make the most of those special times to come by using your 2021-22 ISA allowance in an Investment ISA today. The sooner you begin, the sooner you could grow your money, tax efficiently.
Remember, the value of investments can fall. You may get back less than you invest. Tax rules can change, and individual effects vary.
Why choose a Barclays Investment ISA?
It offers a tax-efficient way to invest for your future and we make investing easy.
You stay in control of your investment decisions and can manage everything online.
Invest in an award-winning ISA. Barclays was named Best Stocks & Shares ISA Provider at the Shares Awards 2021.
What does it cost?
As a Smart Investor customer, you’ll pay a single monthly Customer Fee, plus a transaction fee whenever you buy or sell investments. Other fees may also apply depending on the account type you have and the investments you hold.
Our customer fee is charged to service your account(s) and is based on the value of your investment holdings:
- Investments in funds1 – charged at 0.2%
- All other investments2– charged at 0.1%
There's a minimum charge of £4 per month, which applies from the point that you first add cash or transfer in investments you hold elsewhere.
These fees are charged each time you buy or sell an investment:
- Fund transactions placed online - £3
- Other investment transactions placed online - £6
- All investment transactions placed by telephone - £25
- All automated regular investments - £1
- You may have to pay taxes and levies, and fund manager fees depending on the investments you choose.
- For a Barclays SIPP - a quarterly administration fee of £31.25 + VAT applies, payable to AJ Bell, along with other account fees [PDF, 194KB]
Things to remember
- The value of investments can fall as well as rise; you may get back less than you invest.
- Barclays Smart Investor doesn’t offer personal investment advice. If you're unsure about investing, seek independent advice.
- Tax rules can change and the value of any benefits of them to you will depend on your individual circumstances.
- Smart Investor is an investment service for UK residents. Our service is not available to US persons, even where resident in the UK.
- While there can be benefits to investing regularly rather than as a lump sum, you should remember the impact fees have on your investment. If you’re only investing small amounts each month, the minimum monthly fee could make it expensive and may exceed returns.
- ''Tax-efficient” indicates that growth/income are exempt from UK income or capital gains tax provided all ISA conditions are met. The level and basis of tax can change and the value of tax relief depends on your personal circumstances.
- In order to subscribe to a stocks & shares ISA, you can't have subscribed to another stocks & shares ISA or used your total annual ISA allowance in any combination of a cash ISA, innovative finance ISA and/or lifetime ISA (LISA) during the same tax year.
Apply for an award-winning Investment ISA
Apply today and start investing tax efficiently
If you’re a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer, simply log on using Online Banking or the Barclays app3 to apply. If you're not a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer, you can apply in a few simple steps without logging in.
- Unit Trusts & Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) only.
- Other investments – all asset classes except the funds above.
- The Barclays app is available on eligible Android and iOS devices to Barclays current account holders who have a mobile number and are aged 16 and over. More on Barclays app