Why choose a Barclays Investment ISA?
It offers a tax-efficient way to invest for your future, where you can invest your ISA allowance and protect your returns from income tax, tax on dividends and capital gains tax (CGT).
What does it cost?
As a Smart Investor customer, you’ll pay a single monthly customer fee, plus a transaction fee each time you trade.
Our customer fee is calculated based on the value of your investment holdings:
- Investments in funds1 – charged at 0.2% per annum
- All other investments2 – charged at 0.1% per annum
Our customer fee is charged monthly, with a minimum charge of £4 and maximum charge of £125 per month. You can use our cost calculator to work out how much investing may cost you.
The following fees are charged whenever you buy or sell an investment:
- Fund transactions placed online - £3
- Other investment transactions placed online - £6
- All investment transactions placed by telephone - £25
- All automated regular investments - £1
You might have to pay taxes and levies, and fund manager fees depending on the investments you choose.
Things to remember
- The value of investments can fall as well as rise; you may get back less than you invest
- Barclays Smart Investor doesn’t offer personal investment advice. If you're unsure about investing, seek independent advice
- Tax rules can change and the value of any benefits of them to you will depend on your individual circumstances
- Smart Investor is an investment service for UK residents. Our service is not available to US persons, even where resident in the UK.
Apply for your Barclays Investment ISA
Apply today and make investing less taxing
If you're a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer with Online Banking access, simply log in and apply. If you're not a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer, you can apply in a few simple steps without logging in.
- Unit Trusts & Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) only.
- Other investments – all asset classes except the funds above.
Taxes and fund manager fees may also apply depending on what you invest in.