Why choose a Barclays Investment ISA?
It offers a tax-efficient way to invest for your future, where you can invest your ISA allowance and protect your returns from income tax, tax on dividends and capital gains tax (CGT).
What does it cost?
As a Smart Investor customer, you’ll pay a single monthly Customer Fee, plus a transaction fee whenever you buy or sell investments. Other fees may also apply depending on the account type you have and the investments you hold.
Our customer fee is charged to service your account(s) and based on the value of your investment holdings:
- Investments in funds1 – charged at 0.2%
- All other investments2 – charged at 0.1%
There's a minimum charge of £4 per month, which applies from the point that you first add cash or transfer in investments you hold elsewhere.
These fees are charged each time you buy or sell an investment:
- Fund transactions placed online - £3
- Other investment transactions placed online - £6
- All investment transactions placed by telephone - £25
- All automated regular investments - £1
- You may have to pay fees and levies, and fund manager fees depending on the investments you choose
- For a Barclays SIPP a quarterly administration fee of £31.25 + VAT applies, payable to AJ Bell along with other account fees [PDF, 194KB]
Things to remember
- The value of investments can fall as well as rise; you may get back less than you invest
- Barclays Smart Investor doesn’t offer personal investment advice. If you're unsure about investing, seek independent advice
- Tax rules can change and the value of any benefits of them to you will depend on your individual circumstances
- Smart Investor is an investment service for UK residents. Our service is not available to US persons, even where resident in the UK.
Apply for your Barclays Investment ISA
Apply today and make investing less taxing
If you're a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer with Online Banking access, simply log in and apply. If you're not a Smart Investor or Barclays Current Account customer, you can apply in a few simple steps without logging in.
- Unit Trusts & Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs) only.
- Other investments – all asset classes except the funds above.